Restoring purchase

hey!

I bought Nanostudio 1 back in 2012. on the same Apple ID i have today. same mail, same everything. I still have the receipt. So i downloaded Nanostudio 2 this christmas but i cant download or purchase any packs. It gives me an error telling me that «this item is for an app that was purchased with a different apple id.»

anybody have the slightest clue here? am i missing something? am i getting old?

thank u!

Comments

• Hiya. That's a weird one. The NS1 purchase should have nothing do with anything related to NS2. NS2 isn't an upgrade; it's an entirely new/separate app.

Are you positive you haven't changed Apple IDs on the machine? Maybe logged in as your partner for a while or something? When you look at the app store, does it show NS2 as purchased?

• @Will said:
    Hiya. That's a weird one. The NS1 purchase should have nothing do with anything related to NS2. NS2 isn't an upgrade; it's an entirely new/separate app.

Are you positive you haven't changed Apple IDs on the machine? Maybe logged in as your partner for a while or something? When you look at the app store, does it show NS2 as purchased?

Hey! Thanks for answering. You see, thats the weird part. Because all other music apps on that same account was still there. And no problems restoring.

It's no crisis, Nanostudio 2 is so amazing its gonna keep me occupied for a long time before i even have to tackle this problem. But still strange.

• @tj00sk said:
    hey!

I bought Nanostudio 1 back in 2012. on the same Apple ID i have today. same mail, same everything. I still have the receipt. So i downloaded Nanostudio 2 this christmas but i cant download or purchase any packs. It gives me an error telling me that «this item is for an app that was purchased with a different apple id.»

anybody have the slightest clue here? am i missing something? am i getting old?

thank u!

If you’ve already tried logging out of your apple ID, restarting the device and logging back in, I think the best course of action is to contact Apple’s support. Most likely this is an App Store hiccup. I think I’ve had that happen with magazines at one point a long time ago but I can’t remember if it was resolved.