Bluetooth MIDI

Anyone figured out if Bluetooth MIDI is supported?

Comments

• Following. Can’t get my nanokey working

• i use korg nanokey studio, works just perfectly

you need connect it directly in iOS bluetooth settings, then go back to NS and play

• @dendy No joy it’s connected, but no matter what I can’t get it.

• edited December 2018

You can also use the free BLE Midi app from Korg to establish the connection. Hopefully the Bluetooth midi dialog can be added in NS2 at some point to reduce user confusion.

Bluetooth MIDI Connect by KORG INC.

• edited December 2018

strange, i'm using it a lot and never had single issue ...

in NS, go to Settings > MIDI > Input screen.. so you see there, near "Netwoek Session 1´ listed your nanokey ?

If not, try restard nanostudio

if still no recheck if it ismreally still connected (in ios BT settimgs page)

if it is, but you still don't see it in settings > midi > input screen, then somebody casted woodoo on you :-)

• Well, I got Bluetooth MIDI working, sorta. Connected my XKey Air inside of Cubasis, then switched to NS2 and then it showed up. Quit Cubasis and it continued to work. 😊

• Ok that is some wooooodooooo. It just appeared now. Huh.

• edited December 2018

:)

so it works now.. great :)

iOS is bitch when it comes to bluetooth.. better re-chech everything twice and restart app, usually it helps... but as i said, never had singke issu with NS and NanoKey on any device /iOS version during betatesting..

• I had to used the Korg BLE MIDI app as well to get my Micro Air working last night. Once it was connected it worked like a charm.

• Before release I was trying to work out if there was anything special I needed to do to support bluetooth but I came to the conclusion that it should just appear like another MIDI device. Was I wrong?

• @Blip Interactive said:
    Before release I was trying to work out if there was anything special I needed to do to support bluetooth but I came to the conclusion that it should just appear like another MIDI device. Was I wrong?

Idk but I’m having to use other apps (such as gadget) to activate the usability of Bluetooth midi. Btw, love the app, it’s great!

• edited December 2018

@Blip Interactive said:
    Before release I was trying to work out if there was anything special I needed to do to support bluetooth but I came to the conclusion that it should just appear like another MIDI device. Was I wrong?

Bluetooth devices don’t show up unless they’re specifically connected. There is a standard dialog for this that can be included in apps, but I don’t know any details about how to do that. Hopefully it’s something relatively simple since it seems to be the exact same dialog in every app.

So, if an app like NS2 doesn’t have the dialog, one needs to connect from another app that does. Korg supplies a free one that does this (see my earlier post).

Once connected, it shows up like any other midi device. However, if you disconnect, it doesn’t reconnect automatically. This is why it’s convenient to have the connect dialog right within the app. Also to reduce confusion for people that don’t realize how the connection mechanism works.

• Hmm, I've made a note to look into it. It might be something as simple as a flag I need to set to wake it up or something.