Keyboard position changes when trying presets

The position of the keyboard changes when trying new presets even when the keyboard is locked. With the keyboard locked, I can set the keyboard, for example, with C3 all the way to left and try a new preset and usually it will shift the keyboard to a lower setting like to C1 or maybe C0 to the left most key. Not a big deal but I have to keep putting the keyboard back to where I started (C3 on the left most key) over and over as I try presets.

Comments

• edited February 2019

keyboard position is saved together with patch - intention is to set it to "sweet spot" of that given patch - you know, bass patches plays best around c1, lead patches around c3, ... etc...

• @onthemark1234 said:
    The position of the keyboard changes when trying new presets even when the keyboard is locked. With the keyboard locked, I can set the keyboard, for example, with C3 all the way to left and try a new preset and usually it will shift the keyboard to a lower setting like to C1 or maybe C0 to the left most key. Not a big deal but I have to keep putting the keyboard back to where I started (C3 on the left most key) over and over as I try presets.

I’ve noticed this as well. I agree with you, I’d rather it stay where I want it.

• maybe switch in app UI settings for disabling it ?

• @dendy said:
    maybe switch in app UI settings for disabling it ?

Yeah right on the keyboard somewhere

• @drez said:

@dendy said:
    maybe switch in app UI settings for disabling it ?

Yeah right on the keyboard somewhere

+1

• Perhaps we have it already. If the keyboard lock is ‘off’ then shift the keyboard to the sweet spot. If the keyboard lock is ‘on’ then leave it where is was set.

• edited February 2019

i was thinking more about something like

Settings > UI > Keyboard scroll (fixed / patch)

few reasons:

• this is usually general user's taste thing - you want it or not, it's something which you want enable or disable and forget it, not change it always for every new obsidian instance (and forget it to change all the time:))
    • it's probably less work for matt that any other "per-obsidian" ui solution
    • there is not much place for more ui controls in obsidian keyboard (especially on iphone!), so better to save this place for some greater future features :-)