Syncing with Cubasis

Hi all,

I own Cubasis and nanostudio 2. I like the way Cubasis can load an audio clip like drums or guitar and then time stretch it to the correct tempo. It also easy to cut the sample up and add fills to the beat.

I’d like to use ns2 as my main daw though. What would I need to have Cubasis run in background in sync, playing the audio in its tracks through to ns2? Maybe record into ns2 (via slate)? Ie press play in ns2 and both daws run.

I’m supposing Audiobus or aum? Currently own neither of those.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2019

Hey! Welcome to the forum.
    I don’t have Cubasis but I’m pretty sure it is not possible to have two DAW synced. Abelton Link is a feature that will allow apps to sync start/stop as you have described, but I think only one of them can be a DAW (not 100% sure). I haven’t tried what you’re trying to do.

What I would try to do is use Cubasis to time stretch your audio clips to the desired tempo, then export those audio clips as .wav files. I’d probably use AudioShare (since I have it & it syncs well with NS2). Then set your clips up in a blank Slate. The advantage of having all the audio clips in one DAW is you won’t have to worry about anything going wrong with the syncing of multiple apps.

• Ableton Link can sync any apos, doesn't matter how much of them are DAWs - simply all apps in your local area network (even on other ipads or computers) are synced.

Nanostudio doesn't support LINK start/stop feature, it syncs just playhead postion so you need hit manualy play in both NS and Cubasis

Or you can use Audiobus - you load both Cubasis and NS into audiobus and then for starting playback you use AB global play button - at least i think it should work, will try it later and let you know...

• @dendy said:
    Ableton Link can sync any apos, doesn't matter how much of them are DAWs - simply all apps in your local area network (even on other ipads or computers) are synced.

Nanostudio doesn't support LINK start/stop feature, it syncs just playhead postion so you need hit manualy play in both NS and Cubasis

Or you can use Audiobus - you load both Cubasis and NS into audiobus and then for starting playback you use AB global play button - at least i think it should work, will try it later and let you know...

Thanks dendy. Would I be able to route the audio from Cubasis into ns2 as well and record there?