Huge New Sound Kit for NS2!!!

edited June 2019 in Creations

Hey NS2 Community, I just wanted to give you an update on a new Sound Kit I’ve been working on. It’s a trap kit featuring over 300 slate sounds, 89 808’s in obsidian and dozens of additional sounds in obsidian. I aimed for a ‘no filler’ sound pack. I’ve spent years dealing with bloat and it just gets in the way of the inspiration. This was built to be a utility for hitmaking ;)

It’s currently in Beta. Why beta? Because I’m not sure if I’m going to add more sounds yet, and i’d like to create videos, marketing materials, and guides to the kit before i make it ‘officially released’ so that all questions can be answered. Also some obsidian parameters/macros may be added to certain sounds later. However this is extremely packed and pretty much finished.

I built this kit with the idea of a desktop ‘trap’ (and beyond) producer being able to transition into the NS2 environment virtually turnkey and stress free. Pad assignments are in places that you’d expect and consistent across the 10 featured slate kits.

In obsidian I built what i’ve named an 808 engine which lets you control a myriad of 808 specific parameters from the obsidian keyboard. This is very intuitive and allows you to make one of the over 85 base 808’s your own! The customizability is infinite!

Pricing has been an issue for me because on desktop I know what this would go for (at least $50) but on iPad its obviously different. I’ve spent days and hours building this and i believe you can download this and get started making great stuff with no time wasted.

Im doing an intro price of $14 which i believe is fair for the effort i’ve put into such a niche product (trap kit) for such a niche product (NS2) in such a niche device (iPad). I really built this with producers in mind who hope to get placements etc. I am confident this kit can do just that! I may adjust this price upon release but I just want to offer full disclosure since i know price points are a controversial topic on iPad, especially with NS2 itself being 30$ (last i checked). However anyone who buys it in beta will of course get the updated release version for no extra charge!

I believe NS2 is a great foundation and us in the community can take it over the top with quality sound packs and add on’s. Thanks for checking it out, please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, comments, opinions, thoughts etc!

Here’s the link

Comments

• Congrats on getting this together. Maybe a free demo project with a single slate kit and a few example obsidian patches would help generate interest? Or a demo video?

• edited June 2019

@Will said:
    Congrats on getting this together. Maybe a free demo project with a single slate kit and a few example obsidian patches would help generate interest? Or a demo video?

Thanks. Yes i agree and as soon as I can find a free moment I definitely will do that! I know that It’s much needed

I hope to get those things worked out soon, but in the meantime here’s a few vlog videos and beats I’ve made using it that I hope gives the general idea of it:

• edited June 2019

Here’s a video overview I did outlining the kit, any feedback from the blip community on your thoughts would be very greatly appreciated! Thanks!

NanoStudio 2 Trap Drum Kit! A Quick Introduction:

• Top notch professional work ! RESPECT !

:+1::+1::+1:

Btw. man, you have awesome flow when you're speaking .. up to the beat, i can listen this demo like normal song... i realised in the middle of this video im shaking my head forward backward :-)

• What dendy said!!

Man, how in the hell did you put that video together so quickly? It's really really fantastic work.

• How large is the download?

• @dendy said:
    Top notch professional work ! RESPECT !

:+1::+1::+1:

Btw. man, you have awesome flow when you're speaking .. up to the beat, i can listen this demo like normal song... i realised in the middle of this video im shaking my head forward backward :-)

Thanks so much I appreciate that!

• @Will said:
    What dendy said!!

Man, how in the hell did you put that video together so quickly? It's really really fantastic work.

Lots of expresso shots and few all nighters lol. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and kind words!

• edited July 2019

@Will said:
    How large is the download?

Around 725MB .Zipped and 875MB unpacked (what it shows on desktop). I try to keep the sizes down but I’m constantly torn between making the best sounding/useful/value kit possible for everyone and scaling down to consider the sizes, which I know are so much important on iOS (due to file handling) than desktop.

• Kind of off-topic but the combination of vocal tone and mic sound in the vlog video is so good it practically had me nodding. Could read a Betty Crocker recipe to a beat and it would sound good.

Nice distortion on those kicks!

• edited July 2019

Could read a Betty Crocker recipe to a beat and it would sound good.

This !! I said it, it is full song, ready to be released, hands up !!!

• Download link is not working. Can you update it please?
    Thanks

• @starkfvx said:
    Download link is not working. Can you update it please?
    Thanks

https://ipadbeatmaking.com/collections/nanostudio-2/products/ns2-trap-kit

There you go!