What Drum Machine MIDI Fx does work with NS2

I am a bit disappointed with the compatibility of NS2 with AUv3. Digital D1 does not work with more then one instance for example. Rozeta is not really usable because NS2 cannot record Midi.
Does anyone know if a Drum Sequencer Midi Fx existst, that is usable with NS2 without messing around with AB and AUM?
Or better question: when will NS2 ever be compatible at all with AUv3...? Is NS2 even still alive - Audiotracks were expected last year....
I like NS2, but there are so many things still unsolved.

Comments

• edited June 2020

Digital D1 does not work with more then one instance for example.

This is something which needs to be solved at AudioKIT side.. It was reported LOOONG time ago (together with other issues) on AB Forum, but still not fixed.. It has more issues, for example another one (which is present un multiple plugins created with AudioKIT, so my guess is that is is some bug directly in AudioKIT framework) is wrong mixdown when you try use different sample rate than default realtime one.

Rozeta is not really usable because NS2 cannot record Midi.

I'm using Rozetta a LOT in my projects, mostly Arp. Great plugin. You can still record (on iPad) into another track using MIDI Tools Route plugin (just put Route plugin AFTER Rozetta plugin, then swich to some another track, hit record - output of Rozetta will be recorded to that track)

• @dendy said:

Digital D1 does not work with more then one instance for example.

This is something which needs to be solved at AudioKIT side.. It was reported LOOONG time ago (together with other issues) on AB Forum, but still not fixed.. It has more issues, for example another one (which is present un multiple plugins created with AudioKIT, so my guess is that is is some bug directly in AudioKIT framework) is wrong mixdown when you try use different sample rate than default realtime one.

Thank you for making this clear. 👍

• Found out that a 2nd iOS device with midimittr app is the best solution yet.

• @pedrokraft said:
    Found out that a 2nd iOS device with midimittr app is the best solution yet.

I forgot all about that app. I just got a new iPad. Will definitely give this a solid mess about with my previous iPad (air v1) transmitting. Thanks for reporting back!

• If both devices are Bluetooth LE capable you don't need midimittr any more, you can connect through the Bluetooth midi device dialog.