Auv3 vs Mixdown trouble

In my latest track I used as Auv3’s; Bassalicious (2tracks), Tonebooster EQ (3 tracks), Roughrider 3 (1track), Blackhole (1track), Stereolag (1track).

When I was happy and ready to mixdown, it kept on failing. I was unable to make a mixdown. Only when I deleted Stereolag, the mixdown functioned

Question;
Can NS2 not handle that many Auv3’s? Are some Auv3’s I used problematic?

Anybody experiencing this 2 on an Ipad Pro?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited August 2020

I always had trouble with RoughRider and I’ve read elsewhere that there are a few guilty Audio Damage plugins - I ended up deleting RoughRider (unfortunately as it’s a great compressor!) and didn’t have any problems after that. It can also be a case of having too many plugins loaded at once, I’ve had issues when maxing out on my beloved FAC plugins, for example (though obviously not in your case). The age of your phone/pad could also be worth noting.

• @djkrpt
    I ended up deleting RoughRider (unfortunately as it’s a great compressor!

try korvpressor, in my opinion waaay much better than RoughRider and works like a breeze in NS, using it all the time ;-)

• Anyone know of an alternative to Replicant 2 that works properly in NS2?

• Not really an alternative, but Effectrix can do some similar things.

• @Shabudua said:
    Anyone know of an alternative to Replicant 2 that works properly in NS2?

I find Replicant 2 works perfectly in NS2 on iPhoneXR (although its UI is a little small).

• @TakkAtakk said:

@Shabudua said:
    Anyone know of an alternative to Replicant 2 that works properly in NS2?

I find Replicant 2 works perfectly in NS2 on iPhoneXR (although its UI is a little small).

Good to know. If I use Replicant 2 in NS2 (ipad 2017) the song file takes ~5min to load.

• Having the same issue will performing a mixdown. The progress bar doesn’t move at all...can’t even click cancel to stop the bounce. Unfortunately I’ve been having to screen record and then export audio through LumaFusion. Kinda sucks because screen record renders audio to mono :(

• Kinda sucks because screen record renders audio to mono

Since iOS13 screen record actually captures output in stereo ;-)

• edited October 2020

@BeatsNBed said:
    Having the same issue will performing a mixdown. The progress bar doesn’t move at all...can’t even click cancel to stop the bounce. Unfortunately I’ve been having to screen record and then export audio through LumaFusion. Kinda sucks because screen record renders audio to mono :(

I’ve been recording the output from offending tracks into Audioshare through Audiobus. The advantage is that it doesn’t use a lossy algorithm on the sound.

• good idea .. you can also load NS2 diretly into AUM as IAA Generator and record it directly there without AudioBus - don't know why but i like this method more than using AB ..