Muting Individual Midi Notes

Is this possible in NS2 from the Piano Roll? eg. When you are trying out different parts?

Comments

• I miss being able to do this from being able to do it using Cubase on PC.

I didn’t realise just how often I used this functionality until moving to iOS and finding it gone. I do not have Cubasis as I’ve stuck rigidly with NS2 so cannot say if Steinberg have implemented it in it.

• I don't know of any DAWS on iOS that have that feature.

• @TakkAtakk said:
    I miss being able to do this from being able to do it using Cubase on PC.

I didn’t realise just how often I used this functionality until moving to iOS and finding it gone. I do not have Cubasis as I’ve stuck rigidly with NS2 so cannot say if Steinberg have implemented it in it.

Not available in Cubasis either. :(

• Out of curiosity, how do you use this feature?

• @Stiksi said:
    Out of curiosity, how do you use this feature?

In Cubase? There are a couple of ways:

• Click on a midi note with the dedicated Mute tool.
    • Drag a rectangle with the Mute tool, enclosing all notes that you want to mute.
    • Select the notes with the normal note selector and then select Edit > Mute.

• To unmute notes, click it or enclose it/them with the Mute tool. You can also select a note/s and select Edit > Unmute.

• @TakkAtakk said:

@Stiksi said:
    Out of curiosity, how do you use this feature?

In Cubase? There are a couple of ways:

• Click on a midi note with the dedicated Mute tool.
    • Drag a rectangle with the Mute tool, enclosing all notes that you want to mute.
    • Select the notes with the normal note selector and then select Edit > Mute.

• To unmute notes, click it or enclose it/them with the Mute tool. You can also select a note/s and select Edit > Unmute.

Oh, I meant more what do you use it for? If it’s just for different melodic ideas, you can create two parts and mute one of them, they can be on the same track lane even. I know it’s not the same, but this is what I do if I want to A-B ideas. After, I just clean up the unneeded parts.