Is it possible to limit velocities played MIDI keyboards?

I just downloaded the Solo Violin IAP for Korg Module. I really like the sounds, but find that every single one has (for me) an unwanted velocity layer when played at the highest velocity. This is something I can easily fix within the Korg Module app, but for some reason the AUV3 won't let me use that feature to custom set the velocity curve (and eliminate the 4th layer) in NS2.

I can see in the input section for the track in NS2 that I can edit the velocity curve as well, but I can't seem to find a way to cap it (i.e. make it so no matter how hard I hit a key on the MIDI keyboard, it will cap the velocity at, say, 100, rather than 127).

Does anyone know if there is way to do that in NS2?

Thanks!

Comments

• @peanut_gallery said:
    I just downloaded the Solo Violin IAP for Korg Module. I really like the sounds, but find that every single one has (for me) an unwanted velocity layer when played at the highest velocity. This is something I can easily fix within the Korg Module app, but for some reason the AUV3 won't let me use that feature to custom set the velocity curve (and eliminate the 4th layer) in NS2.

I can see in the input section for the track in NS2 that I can edit the velocity curve as well, but I can't seem to find a way to cap it (i.e. make it so no matter how hard I hit a key on the MIDI keyboard, it will cap the velocity at, say, 100, rather than 127).

Does anyone know if there is way to do that in NS2?

Thanks!

You can preset the NS2 keyboard to 64, 100 or 127. You can also edit velocity levels after the fact. If you’re using an external keyboard MIDI Tools will allow you to set a maximum velocity level.

• Ooh! Thank you for suggesting MIDI Tools. It lead me to check out Mozaic, which I never had actually used before (but had bought) and I figured out how to modify a preset script to create a velocity ceiling. Super pleased with that.

• @peanut_gallery said:
    Ooh! Thank you for suggesting MIDI Tools. It lead me to check out Mozaic, which I never had actually used before (but had bought) and I figured out how to modify a preset script to create a velocity ceiling. Super pleased with that.

πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸΌ