Korg Gadget 2 via NanoStudio 2

Can anybody help me with connecting Korg Gadget 2 to NanoStudio 2 please?

Comments

• I’m using Korg Gadget 2 through midi on NanoStudio 2 but when I go to mix it down it says output file was silent? Can anybody help me with this problem please?

• I’m using Korg Gadget 2 through midi on NanoStudio 2 but when I go to mix it down it says output file was silent? Can anybody help me with this problem please?

• I’m trying to get Korg Gadget 2 working through NanoStudio 2 but not having much success. What am I missing?

• Can anybody help me with this issue - External midi not working? I’m trying to use Korg Gadget 2 through NanoStudio 2.

• Can anybody help me setup KORG Gadget 2 in NanoStudio 2 please?

• You can't set up Gadget 2 in NanoStudio 2.

It appears from other threads you've figured out how to make it work alongside NS2 by now. Unfortunately you can't go much beyond that. There are some options where you could save Gadget's output to audio files, but none of them are particularly straightforward. It'd be best if you described in a bit more detail what you're trying to accomplish.

• From other threads it looks like you've found some answers for this.

• edited February 2022

It appears from other threads you already found some answers. Starting up multiple threads like this is really confusing things. Best to stick to just one.

• edited February 2022

This isn't a bug it's expected behavior. Gadget isn't running "inside" NS2, it's running separately alongside it. The sound never enters NS2 to be rendered to audio. There's no way you can get that audio to render in NS2.

You have started way too many threads on this one issue. Maybe pick ONE and edit the thread title to indicate that one as the preferred one.

• Check a few of the other half-dozen threads you've started on the same subject. I suggest you pick one to continue with if you need further help.

• edited February 2022

@Luke Do you have AUM and know a little bit about how to use it? If so, then you can host NS2 and Gadget in AUM, then use AUM to record Gadget's output to an audio file. You can also record NS2's output if you like by arming the "REC" button there too.

You can also record a file with both NS2 and Gadget output combined

• edited February 2022

Another thread on this? You gotta be kidding me.

• Multiple posts combined. Thanks to @number37 for the replies and tips on using AUM (maybe recording right into AudioShare) as a way to use NS2 & Gadget together. Hopefully others will find this useful.

• Nice one @SlapHappy. Thanks for cleaning things up.

• I was finding your replies on the entertaining side, but it was time to combine the threads.