Panning Zones in obsidian sampler

I would like to set panning of individual sample/zones in the sample oscillator. I see the knob under the parameter tab in edit but it’s grayed out. All other parameters are available but pan. What am I missing? Thanks!

Comments

• Good question!
    In Obsidian’s Filter page, select Stereo and then on the sample Parameters page the Pan will now be active. Pan needs Stereo. I never thought about before, but it makes sense.

• Yes! Thanks much. Never would have occurred to me because I make extensive use of modulating global filter pan, which is not dependent on the filters before it. But you are right, this does make sense. Is there anything about Obsidian that doesn’t? What a beast!

• edited July 2022

I concur with your assessment - Obsidian is a beast!

Just curious about why you are panning samples: are you creating separation in the sounds of a multi-oscillator patch and modulating those with an LFO to create an interesting effect?

• Basically Sound effects mapped across a keyboard. I want them to come from different places in the field. Each effect covers a small pitch range for more control. Otherwise I would just use Slate. Also obsidian offers lots more modulation control. Having said that I don’t think that particular pan parameter is accessible to modulate.