Can't find some stuff

Been working with NS2 all night and cannot find 2 things I think are supposed to be there.

1. Audio record/Import. Does this not exist? For some reason I thought I saw this version would have audio recording capabilities. The app does ask for mic control so I thought it must be there.
  2. Arpeggiator. Come on, this has to be there, right? Where is it hidden???

Comments

• Audio tracks will be available sometime next year as an IAP, according to the developer.

• You can record and import samples.

No ARP yet.

• Thanks for the info guys. I was a dedicated NS1 user and was devastated when it lost updates. I am kind of bummed with my NS2 experience so far. It isn't a giant leap forward compared to NS1 and it seems like a lot of other iOS workstations have surpassed it in terms of functionality.

I bought NS2 to support Blip since he has an amazing story. Unfortunately, I may mark that purchase up to charity; especially if it will require IAP to enable audio tracks. I already have apps that do everything I need and won't cost me more $$$. :'(

• @dandercore said:
    Thanks for the info guys. I was a dedicated NS1 user and was devastated when it lost updates. I am kind of bummed with my NS2 experience so far. It isn't a giant leap forward compared to NS1 and it seems like a lot of other iOS workstations have surpassed it in terms of functionality.

I bought NS2 to support Blip since he has an amazing story. Unfortunately, I may mark that purchase up to charity; especially if it will require IAP to enable audio tracks. I already have apps that do everything I need and won't cost me more $$$. :'(

To each their own but NS2 will replace most of my other apps. Wish I could sell them on eBay! =)

• Regarding audio import, using the Files app to drop directories from AudioShare to the NS2 folder is very convenient.
    There is also a recorder inside Obsidian and Slate.

• edited December 2018

Don't get me wrong. The app is great. The new synth is exciting and it still has the best workflow on iOS. Sidechaining and all the new fx are great too.

I think my workstation needs have changed since I was using NS1. I am in a band now so importing audio is imperative. I also probably lean too heavily on arpeggiators but I gotta have one. I am not a great musician ;)

• @anickt said:

@dandercore said:
    Thanks for the info guys. I was a dedicated NS1 user and was devastated when it lost updates. I am kind of bummed with my NS2 experience so far. It isn't a giant leap forward compared to NS1 and it seems like a lot of other iOS workstations have surpassed it in terms of functionality.

To each their own but NS2 will replace most of my other apps. Wish I could sell them on eBay! =)

+1

• @3sleeves said:
    Regarding audio import, using the Files app to drop directories from AudioShare to the NS2 folder is very convenient.

That is a great feature, but I actually need to be able to see waveforms against the midi tracks for syncing purposes.

• @dandercore said:

@3sleeves said:
    Regarding audio import, using the Files app to drop directories from AudioShare to the NS2 folder is very convenient.

That is a great feature, but I actually need to be able to see waveforms against the midi tracks for syncing purposes.

Ah, I think you may need to wait for the upcoming audio track IAP to be able to see waveforms and MIDI notes on the same screen. Sounds like what you're describing is something typically seen in a song mode view, rather than a sampler/wave editor view.
    Short of using a grid for reference in the wave editor I can't think of a temporary workaround for that.

• @dandercore said:

Sorry to hear. As a long time BeatMaker 3 user I’m already more thrilled at the stuff I’m creating with my first days using NanoStudio 2. I never used part one and I’m a total newb to this app but its really something else once u get under the hood

• nkdvkng
  • @dandercore said:

@3sleeves said:

Could always take it back to the ASR10 and MPC500 days and play it by ear along with snap to grid

• @dandercore said:
    Don't get me wrong. The app is great. The new synth is exciting and it still has the best workflow on iOS. Sidechaining and all the new fx are great too.

I think my workstation needs have changed since I was using NS1. I am in a band now so importing audio is imperative. I also probably lean too heavily on arpeggiators but I gotta have one. I am not a great musician ;)

Just curious: what arpeggiator are you using now and is it not AUv3?

• edited December 2018

@dandercore said:
    ... I also probably lean too heavily on arpeggiators but I gotta have one. I am not a great musician ;)

StepPolyArp Unit. It's the ultimate, and I bet would meet every need (as well as some that you didn't realize you had). I feel no need for Blip to re-invent the wheel.

• I think that was Blip’s plan.

• Sunrizer has one of the best arpeggiators out there, and its auv3 ;)

• +1 for a nice ARP 👊🏼😎
    This monster synth needs a arpeggiator c’mon. Of course 💪🏼