Primer patches not showing up in browser

Ok - I've created a new AU instrument track. I've selected Primer but no patches are showing up. When I play the keyboard (in NS2 and my actual keyboard controller) I can hear the default patch of Primer but I can't change to another sound on that synth. I've tried Factory, User and All. I've tried booting up the Primer synth on my iPad but it seems completely disconnected to NS2
Model D Minimoog is working fine as an AU within NanoStudio with all patches showing up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Les

Comments

• Some AU apps don’t show there patches to the host, that’s why some won’t show up in the patch selector. If this is the case, there is usually a place on the AUs own screen where you can change patches :)

• Like @Fruitbat1919 said. In such case you need to switch to Plugin UI (keyboard icon in top left corner) and choose patches in plugin UI.

Btw here is overview of few common problems with AU plugins caused by not proper implementation at plugin side:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AUInstrument.html#au-compatibility

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Some AU apps don’t show there patches to the host, that’s why some won’t show up in the patch selector. If this is the case, there is usually a place on the AUs own screen where you can change patches :)

The only trouble is, like I said, the booted up version of Primer doesn't seem linked at all to the version of Primer from within NS2 so when I change the patch on that, it doesn't change from within NS2.

• @dendy said:
    Like @Fruitbat1919 said. In such case you need to switch to Plugin UI (keyboard icon in top left corner) and choose patches in plugin UI.

Btw here is overview of few common problems with AU plugins caused by not proper implementation at plugin side:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AUInstrument.html#au-compatibility

Gotcha! Brilliant -thank you. Sorry, I was being a bit dense there!!

• One other thing to keep in mind when using AU patches is that if you’ve just downloaded an app - some apps won’t show there patches in the AU, unless you open the stand alone first!

Just for info :)

• No problem, feel free to ask any question ;)

Btw. manual is pretty huge, i suggest spend some time reading ;-) It explains a LOT.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    One other thing to keep in mind when using AU patches is that if you’ve just downloaded an app - some apps won’t show there patches in the AU, unless you open the stand alone first!

Just for info :)

Quite true. Some are nice enough to tell you (KQ Dixie comes to mind), some are not.

By default, NS should pick up the new patches when loaded but you can always refresh the local AU patch database by going to "MANAGE -> REFRESH" in the AU patch screen.