Support for 2018 11 inch iPad Pro

I'm very disappointed to see a brand new product released without support for the iPad Pro's 11 inch screen. Might this be changing soon?

Comments

• Yes it's on my list - will be coming at the same time I finish the iPhone version off.

• @lsherman said:
    I'm very disappointed to see a brand new product released without support for the iPad Pro's 11 inch screen. Might this be changing soon?

Your iPad will give you lots of such experience, as it is the first to break the known ratios and there will be LOTS of Apps that will never ever support it.

Better learn to live with the black borders ;-)

• You know, I’ve been loving NS2 on the 12,9” pro and I don’t want it to change. I like big buttons and…

• ...I can not lie?

• I don't. I prefer more real estate for content, rather than the DAW UI around it.

An option like what Cubasis offers would be excellent and satisfy everyone... that's assuming NS2 gets updated to properly support other resolutions.

• @Stiksi said:
    You know, I’ve been loving NS2 on the 12,9” pro and I don’t want it to change. I like big buttons and…

It's mighty easy on the eyes for sure.

• edited December 2018

I second the request. Can’t wait for the shiny 11 inch display to present NS2 beauty and glory on every pixel. Hopefully that will happen before the iPhone version and hopefully the exploit of all space on the display is actually WAY MORE easy to implement than making it iPhone compatible.

Beside that, I eagerly wait for apple to fix the shit they have going on performance wise with the new iPads.

btw. Congrats to your app. This is absolutely brilliant. Stuff. I heard some iAP sounds... oh my gosh, the strings sounded so good. I am so happy to have such a tool now in my backpack 🎒 thanks for finishing it and bringing it to us! Hope you are really successful with it!

• @Stiksi said:
    You know, I’ve been loving NS2 on the 12,9” pro and I don’t want it to change. I like big buttons and…

I quite like big buttons as well... I prefer to play a bass rather than a guitar because of that physical impediment ;)

I already have the key width setting to "very wide" on a standard ipad. I'll have to try to find out how Cubasis handles it as blueveek suggested - is it some sort of option for UI density?

• edited December 2018

@Blip Interactive said:
    Yes it's on my list - will be coming at the same time I finish the iPhone version off.

Would love to see the extra space of the 11” iPads with their wider non 4:3 aspect ratio used to add a sidebar like that of Obsidian’s. This would allow visual consistency throughout the app, making au instruments feel less thrown in. The wider aspect ratio would allow AUs to stay the same standard size, making sure they don’t get displayed strange as well.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    Yes it's on my list - will be coming at the same time I finish the iPhone version off.

Just to clarify, is this a general "make NS2 responsive on various screen sizes", or is it just iPhone + iPad 11"? I'm personally hoping for better space management on the 12.9".

• I'm personally hoping for better space management on the 12.9"

I'll do the job properly, don't worry. It responds nicely on my desktop version.

• Do you have an idea of when iPhone support will be ready ? Not to hassle, you deserve a rest Matt.

But, was looking forward to having a play with it over Christmas.

Thanks, looks fantastic from what I can see and hear so far.

Damien

• Thanks. Good to know!