Small ghostly bug perhaps... SOLVED

edited December 2018 in General chat

...I seem to be the keyboard warrior or its proponent anyhow :)

I get this about half the time and randomly (keys missing). Will struggle on happily enough, just reporting for form etc.

Comments

• Those are the same keys that I am seeing. Are there others that pop-up sometimes that are not displayed in this photo? There seems to be spaces that could be used, at some point. Maybe we can come up with some useful symbols? I could see some musical symbols maybe... # for starters, unless we all want to shift to 'b' scales. :)

• I thought that was because certain characters are invalid in NS2. :/

• @anickt said:
    I thought that was because certain characters are invalid in NS2. :/

This. I get the same key layout.

• edited December 2018

Those are the ones that are valid characters in filenames, so only they show when you are naming a file. If you for example edit the Notes section of the project page you get more characters to play with.

Marking this as solved.

• Same here Johnny

• @Stiksi said:
    Those are the ones that are valid characters in filenames, so only they show when you are naming a file. If you for example edit the Notes section of the project page you get more characters to play with.

Marking this as solved.

Interesting so you can copyright a file name but you can't question it :)

• I guess so, you need to be very certain of your name! 😀

• Yep, the patches are ultimately stored as folders so you're prevent from using certain characters when naming them. Unfortunately the question mark is reserved by file systems as a wildcard character.

So stop asking questions! :)