This 1 feature could make this the best iOS DAW EVER!!!

Some of us IPad owners could only afford 32 & 64Gb model iPads which as we know, in the production world is rather small. If we could open up support for Google Drive, ICloud, and Dropbox to drag and drop samples directly from the app that would be an answer from the heavens! No bash to BM3 because its a great program (hope its ok to mention the competitors name in this forum 😂😂😂) but they ALMOST nailed it with support from these companies. The only problem is that I still have to pull these samples into my files which takes up storage. Now just using select sounds and saving them within the session can really help us keep space on our IPads for more AU’s. Please tell me this is a possibility!?!?

Comments

• Sadly, I don’t think this is quite possible yet. You can, of course, store files on Dropbox (etc) and share them with NS2 and then remove them from the local to your iPad version of Dropbox (etc) but there’s no way for an iOS app to 100% use and stream/store files from “cloud” storage. Even the Dropbox app downloads assets before you can do stuff like edit or share.

At least as far as I know. Maybe there have been new developments! Cause, yeah, this would be amazing.

• I was scared that someone would say that...This would make my life so much easier. I have to be very selective about what I store on my IPad because I can’t fit all of my favorite kits. We can always dream right???

• @mrwilson
    We can always dream right???

Definitely ! Without dreams life is meaningless !

• @dendy said:

@mrwilson
    We can always dream right???

Definitely ! Without dreams life is meaningless !

😂😂😂

• iCloud Drive would limit the use from iCloud even if it was possible - iCloud Drive makes a copy of whatever you use that is stored on iCloud. So in effect whenever you store something in iCloud, because you just used it, iCloud Drive has a copy of it using local storage. This local storage is not user deletable - this means that while sending large amounts of data to iCloud for later use (or to free space), a copy remains until iCloud Drive decides that the files are not needed for use at this time.

I’ve had over 10gb of iCloud Drive files taking up the storage space I wanted to free up!

Besides, Apple want you to need more storage as a sell up option - although, if they provided means of really cheap and large storage, we would buy more product from them! They don’t care though as they are more interested in selling services than product.

• Apple storage is all about $$$

Like toothpaste out of a tube.

One of those mini travel toothpastes.

Speaking from my 256gb ivory tower, I'll say that being able to audition samples is important. I don't know if it's possible to audition samples that live in the spirt realm.

Yet.

(You gotta dream!)

• Yo @Fruitbat1919 I thought I was crazy man!!! I paid for the 2TB iCloud subscription and quickly cancelled. I was trying to upload content from my hdd to the iCloud Drive and the I suddenly ran out of hdd space on my MacBook! I’m like wait....this isn’t storing directly to the cloud, it’s pulling from my actual HARD DRIVE 🤦🏽‍♂️. Completely useless!

• @colonel_mustard you’ve never lied brother. Apple needs to tighten up man but then again...if I were a business what would I do? I can’t even blame it on them...we constantly upgrade WHENEVER apple releases something new. The kicker tho...you release a product with the term “Pro” beside it and have the audacity to offer a 32gb model??? What “pro” user can survive with 32GB!?!? Anywho (short rant), I pray @Blip Interactive can find a way 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• edited December 2018

@mrwilson
    I suddenly ran out of hdd space on my MacBook! I’m like wait....this isn’t storing directly to the cloud, it’s pulling from my actual HARD DRIVE

No, it is storing data to iCloud. But by default MacBook is syncing all iCloud files to local harddrive. So - you uploaded things to iCloud but your MacBook downloaded them from iCloud to your local harddrive.

You can turn this OFF on you Mac in System Preferences > iCloud

Or in "Options" you can choose which stuff from iCloud should you Mac automatically download to your local drive.

Similiar settings is on your iPad - you can choose what to download from iCloud to your ipad and what not.

You can then browse EVERYTHING you have on iCloud from Apple Files app, and you can manually download stuff from there and copy it to any other App which is supporting Apple Files. (Nanostudio is one of them)

iCloud pricing is actually one of best cloud storage pricing available. At least if you combine quality of service / size of space / price

• @dendy said:

@mrwilson
    I suddenly ran out of hdd space on my MacBook! I’m like wait....this isn’t storing directly to the cloud, it’s pulling from my actual HARD DRIVE

No, it is storing data to iCloud. But by default MacBook is syncing all iCloud files to local harddrive. So - you uploaded things to iCloud but your MacBook downloaded them from iCloud to your local harddrive.

You can turn this OFF on you Mac in System Preferences > iCloud

Or in "Options" you can choose which stuff from iCloud should you Mac automatically download to your local drive.

Similiar settings is on your iPad - you can choose what to download from iCloud to your ipad and what not.

You can then browse EVERYTHING you have on iCloud from Apple Files app, and you can manually download stuff from there and copy it to any other App which is supporting Apple Files. (Nanostudio is one of them)

iCloud pricing is actually one of best cloud storage pricing available. At least if you combine quality of service / size of space / price

You are unable to use the iCloud without iCloud Drive being switched on, while using it on the iPad. The minute you switch iCloud Drive off, you cannot then transfer files to your iCloud. The initial transfer of files from an iPad to the cloud always makes a copy of the files on the iPad (iCloud drive). These files are not user deletable (although they will delete in time if the stored files on iCloud are not used).

• edited December 2018

You are unable to use the iCloud without iCloud Drive being switched on, while using it on the iPad. The minute you switch iCloud Drive off, you cannot then transfer files to your iCloud.

Of course :) My advice was related more to avoid syncing all stuff from iCloud, uploaded form iPad, to Macbook (which was main problem mentioned by @mrwilson)

Yeas this i wrote was not exactly true.. I meaned it that you can choose WHICH app will sync it's data to iCloud - you can set this per app.

• Dropbox also works like this on the desktop, you only get the files you download locally.