BUG : Dropbox Import

If I’m at the top level of the Audio Library and import from DB it works as expected. If I enter a folder within the top level that contains other files and do an import from DB, the file does not show up in that folder but in the next level up. If I create a folder and import a DB file the folder disappears and the file imports into the level above where the folder was. If I create a folder, move a file into it and then import from DB, the folder and moved file remain in place but the imported file is in the next level up. This happens every time. Make some popcorn and watch the movie.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf3vl1boqso37hc/NS2vsDB.MOV?dl=0

Comments

• good catch :-) :+1:

yes, this is definitely bug, imported file is saved into level above currently opened folder, with exception of main Library where it is save properly..

• edited December 2018

btw i do not use this way of importimg at all - just kn case inwsnt import zipped package which NS automatically unzips

If you have many audio files in folders and subfolders, it is lot more comfortable to use Apple Files app :-)

You can simply drag multiple files and folders at once, and drop them directly to folder in NS2 where you want ;)

• @dendy said:
    btw i do not use this way of importimg at all - just kn case inwsnt import zipped package which NS automatically unzips

If you have many audio files in folders and subfolders, it is lot more comfortable to use Apple Files app :-)

You can simply drag multiple files and folders at once, and drop them directly to folder in NS2 where you want ;)

Thanks for your reply @dendy . I’m still sorting out how I’ll manage my samples workflow in NS2. I usually keep a minimum on my iPad and most are in Dropbox.

• edited December 2018

@anickt said:
    Thanks for your reply @dendy . I’m still sorting out how I’ll manage my samples workflow in NS2. I usually keep a minimum on my iPad and most are in Dropbox.

just in case you don’t know, you can dragndrop files and directories also from dropbox to nanostudio in Apple Files app ;)

• @dendy said:

@anickt said:

just in case you don’t know, you can dragndrop files and directories also from dropbox to nanostudio in Apple Files app ;)

Not on iPad Air. :/

• @anickt i made that video on ipad air :-)))

• 1 or 2? Because most of that doesn’t work on my Air 1.

• air 1... ios 12 but it was working same way also on ios11

what exactly from
    that video doesn't work for you ?

• I can select multiple files but as I try to maneuver to another location I lose the selection. I’m holding my “selection” finger absolutely still. Not lifting or shifting. Using my other hand to navigate to the other location. I am on 12.1. Importing files directly from Dropbox from inside NS2 is much less fiddly. If I want multiple files I just zip them. I have to go shopping for Christmas dinner now. I’ll look into this a little more later! =)

• thats very strange, it works like a breeze for me..

happy shopping :lol:

• edited December 2018

@dendy said:
    thats very strange, it works like a breeze for me..

happy shopping :lol:

I’m back. Didn’t forget much! Not sure about this Files app thing but using Dropbox from within NS2 works well for me. I don’t like to have collections of samples on my iPad. I’ve learned that most of them just sit there taking up valuable space! So ultimately, I’m just looking for the import bug to be fixed. ;)

Also, I am no longer looking for one-click access to the sample editor. Just one or two click access to the audio library and “save selection as” in the sample editor as discussed in that other thread.