Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• @Audiogus @dendy @Zupi You guys are cracking me up😆

Here’s a little jam I did today for Jamuary:

I don’t always use NS2 for this, but I’m posting daily jams on my YouTube and Instagram as long as I can keep it going this month. I live stream on IG when time (and battery life) permits.
    I’ll post all the NS2 jams here ✌️😎

• @3sleeves nice job. Very “street solitude” in it’s sound. I like the live performance on the keyboard and mixer, too. Makes it interesting.

• edited January 2019

@3sleeves Another good one, although i make very different style of music, i'm really enjoying your style ! Going to share it on my twitter account :)

Plus this video is really GREAT showcase of all basic Nanostudio elements .. you should share it also on AB forums !

• @3sleeves 3 great tracks there. Love the videos too and the lazy beats vibe is on point. Enjoyed the jam video too, good to see it used in this way.
    @SlapHappy Nice and spacey 👍🏼
    @nkdvkng Great to see you doing different styles

• edited January 2019

New track for 2019

• Nice track Lee!

• edited January 2019

@tom_tm said:
    Nice track Lee!

Cheers, Just realised I had an accidental mute near the beginning on the pad 😩
    Time to re upload it

Edit: Done

• Troublemaker <3

:+1: Added to my Youtube playlist :)

• Happy New Year everyone...had some time with NS2 over the break and really am enjoying it. Here's a little sketch I started yesterday and refined today using Obsidian and a few custom GrooveBox samples imported to Slate for some additional drum and synth textures:

• @echoopera said:
    Happy New Year everyone...had some time with NS2 over the break and really am enjoying it. Here's a little sketch I started yesterday and refined today using Obsidian and a few custom GrooveBox samples imported to Slate for some additional drum and synth textures:

Cool track and textures with nice rhythmic element 👍🏼

• edited January 2019

Can’t say it enough, I love this thread!!!
    Thanks to everybody for the feedback and entertainment!

@LeeB Groovy as always! That beat puts ants in my pants 🐜 👖 increasing my need to dance🕺
    @echoopera That combination of sounds was excellent! Could definitely hear that one in a soundtrack to something, got a sci-fi/action vibe to it.
    @nkdvkng Solid beats brother, really enjoy the various vibes you’ve been cultivating! Used your bass preset in my latest jam😎
    @dendy you are totally awesome man! My forum time is limited, this one is my favorite, but next time I visit AB forums it will be to post in the Nanostudio 2 thread 😁

Here’s something I started this afternoon while waiting for my car to get serviced:

It’s another Jamuary jam, nothing too fancy or well thought out, but it was fun for me!

• @LeeB thx for the love! Yo that new track is amaze balls. Stay impressing me with the way you make the songs evolve and the mix. Took me back to late 90s early 00s when I was in HS always skipping class going to Virgin Megastore to hear the latest Global Underground mixes

• Jamzzzzzz. Soulful Sleeves!

@3sleeves said:
    Can’t say it enough, I love this thread!!!
    Thanks to everybody for the feedback and entertainment!

@LeeB Groovy as always! That beat puts ants in my pants 🐜 👖 increasing my need to dance🕺
    @echoopera That combination of sounds was excellent! Could definitely hear that one in a soundtrack to something, got a sci-fi/action vibe to it.
    @nkdvkng Solid beats brother, really enjoy the various vibes you’ve been cultivating! Used your bass preset in my latest jam😎
    @dendy you are totally awesome man! My forum time is limited, this one is my favorite, but next time I visit AB forums it will be to post in the Nanostudio 2 thread 😁

Here’s something I started this afternoon while waiting for my car to get serviced:

It’s another Jamuary jam, nothing too fancy or well thought out, but it was fun for me!

• edited January 2019

Delete

• deleted offtopic, let's back to music ;)

• Yeeeee! That’s what I’m talking about 😎🎧

@dendy said:
    deleted offtopic, let's back to music ;)

• Well here’s another little sketch of a track. The goal was to allow myself to get lost in order to find myself in a comfortable place with this app...and well...I’m pretty happy with how i feel with NS2 and how this track feels. FWIW, I’m not missing support for Audio Tracks in the app...I’m just importing some samples into Slate pads and plopping them down in the piano roll. 🤔😗🤪

Thanks in advance for giving it a listen.

Cheers👊🏼™️❤️

• edited January 2019

@echoopera

:open_mouth: This. Is. Something. Those drums are sick ! And all that sounds around. Really awesome track in soo many ways - arrangement, sound, everything. Just. Wow.

Would you be so kind to give me mp3 in good quality ? Just want to add this to my everyday playlist !!

• edited January 2019

And in case you enjoy being visually stimulated and want to see sound in motion, have a gander here:

Many thanks in advance 👊🏼™️❤️

• edited January 2019

@dendy said:
    @echoopera

:open_mouth: This. Is. Something. Those drums are sick ! And all that sounds around. Really awesome track in soo many ways - arrangement, sound, everything. Just. Wow.

Would you be so kind to give me mp3 in good quality ? Just want to add this to my everyday playlist !!

Many thanks for enjoying it sir. I’ll make the track downloadable on SoundCloud. Just let me know when you’ve grabbed it so i can reset the permissions. 👊🏼™️

• @echoopera downloaded, thanks !

• New tune :) Everything Obsidian except of top layer of piano which is Ravenscroft 275 (mid and low layers are from Accoustic 1 an Accoustic2 IAP packs ...

• Nice track Dendy!

• @dendy said:
    New tune :) Everything Obsidian except of top layer of piano which is Ravenscroft 275 (mid and low layers are from Accoustic 1 an Accoustic2 IAP packs ...

Nice one mate and a departure from your usual style.
    Tasty low end! 👌

• @echoopera I too like the drums on your track, very nice 😀

• @dendy this tune is fantastic! Everything fits together so nicely, great stereo field, that bass is awesome. Love the melody lines! That mix is top notch.

It’s my fav NS2 tune yet!!!
    :+1::+1::+1:

• Thanks guys, just trying to match quality level you set in this thread :)

• edited January 2019

Some slow, sparse, space out music created with a single instance of Obsidian. Uses two FM oscillators, automation, a ton of built-in effects and tempo changes (for good, cough, measure).

Project archive can be grabbed from Dropbox. Selfishly, my brain/heart really wants to hear a @JohnnyGoodyear / @3sleeves / @nkdvkng collab mutilating this as source material.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lnany5ttxc03y9/That dot below the moons.nsa?dl=0

• @Will said:
    Some slow, sparse, space out music created with a single instance of Obsidian. Uses two FM oscillators, automation, a ton of built-in effects and tempo changes (for good, cough, measure).

Project archive can be grabbed from Dropbox. Selfishly, my brain/heart really wants to hear a @JohnnyGoodyear / @3sleeves / @nkdvkng collab mutilating this as source material.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lnany5ttxc03y9/That dot below the moons.nsa?dl=0

Yes. Very good. Problem here is the auto-suggestion of the title. Because you mentioned the word 'moon' to my brain I was already feeling a certain subset and then within seconds I was easily hearing an alternative Sam Rockwell monologue, just the slightest bit tinny, from an outtake from the film that was never seen....I don't think Sam lives in Austin, but if I see him downtown today I'm going to ask him if he'd do a reading for us....

• Thank you so much, the music and the project archive.

This discussion has been closed.