Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• @UncleBen said:
    My first post here! Great app. Great community.
    This is also my first NS2 song. Enjoy :-)

Thanks for sharing your great tune, like your programming and synths, definitely loving it

• @Devvy said:
    My first track in NS2. (I don't pretend to have made anything special...) Only using NS2 stuff, no AU or whatever.

Nice track! It has a very well-measured pace that is easy to listen to. Also shows your skill. Well done.

• @Cray23 Wow! Thank you sir!

• A new name, a new beginning

• @LeeB what to say.. just :heart:

btw. why new name ?
    btw2.: you should pack ipad, maybe some 2-3 hw boxes and go perform live in clubs and at parties ! People would love your music live on stage !!

• edited January 2019

There's some great music here! And what a sound! Great for doing those dreaded 'that time of year' tax returns to! @LeeB gorgeous stuff as always. Fantastic deep sound too (at least on my Tannoys). Are you mastering at all externally any more, or is this entirely out of NS2?

• @echoopera said:
    Looks like it’s time to get on this horse. 🤪
    Here’s a ‘first track’ exploration that is 100% native NS2. There’s a lot to love with this app...glad we’re all able to benefit from it.

Damn this is chill. I love it

• @drez said:
    Hokay, here's my Getting to Know NS2 tune. Done completely with NS2 stuff, no AU's. May not be your cup o tea, but hope you enjoy anyway. @Blip Interactive thank you for an amazing piece of kit. Its called Six Years because that's how long I've been waiting to mess with it! =)

Damn this is awesome. Both dance and rock. Such a good sound

• @dendy said:
    @LeeB what to say.. just :heart:

btw. why new name ?
    btw2.: you should pack ipad, maybe some 2-3 hw boxes and go perform live in clubs and at parties ! People would love your music live on stage !!

Cheers dendy
    1. Just to have another name to release under, I’ll still do Lee B stuff.
    2. No pressure there 😬

• @tom_tm said:
    There's some great music here! And what a sound! Great for doing those dreaded 'that time of year' tax returns to! @LeeB gorgeous stuff as always. Fantastic deep sound too (at least on my Tannoys). Are you mastering at all externally any more, or is this entirely out of NS2?

All in the box Tom. I don’t need anything else!

• @Cray23 hard hitting drums on that one 👍🏼
    @CitizenX nice flow!
    @Devvy nice and chilled!

• @3sleeves love that Felix the Cat "SelfDiagnostic" track. Nice chill/funk sounds. The Felix animations you chose were perfect for the tune.

• @UncleBen Cool track. Your reverb space sounds very Eastern European. A lot of bouncing artifacts up high. This sounds a bit like some tracks I've heard from Sun Vox users. Very pretty and thoughtful. Good work.

• @LeeB I think your tracks are basically club/mastering-ready. Really impressive frequency control on each and every one. Your eq (I think I've said it before) is always spot on. Weapons grade production levels. My hands are all thumbs, and they are up.

• @Cray23 that was a fun listen. nice job!
    @CitizenX took me back to 1991. Cool synths, and nice use of Spacecraft. That arp adds a lot to the background.

• @Devvy that pumped bass sound reminds me of the opening song in Phantom of the Opera. That's a compliment, by the way. I'm not being snarky. Cool use of those sounds.

• @kleptolia said:
    @LeeB I think your tracks are basically club/mastering-ready. Really impressive frequency control on each and every one. Your eq (I think I've said it before) is always spot on. Weapons grade production levels. My hands are all thumbs, and they are up.

Very kind words mate. Much appreciated 😊

• @kleptolia Thanks for the great feedback! Funny that you mentioned Sun Vox :smile:. Have not used it myself, but I am indeed an old tracker musician – probably shines through. (Oh, the good old Fast Tracker days!)

• @LeeB Slick track! Super deep.

• @SlapHappy said:
    @LeeB Slick track! Super deep.

Thanks mate 😊

• edited January 2019

@Cinebient said:
    I said it already but again i must say all the things here posted are really inspiring and shows that NS2 brings the most versatile and best outcome of iOS music productions i heard in a long time.
    Thank you for the pleasure to share your creations. It actually make me even "believe" again in iOS as music production environment.

AGREED!
    As soon as the iPhone version comes out, we’ll expect to hear a lot great of things out of you. 😊

• Gotta say it every time I post here...man, I love this thread!!!
    Here’s my latest Jamuary jam set to some Cowboy Bebop, all NS2, no AU (but please feel free to listen if you’re in Australia anyway).

• @3sleeves I think I remember to having seen this in the '80s ? ...
    pretty nice tunes :) these days

• We reeeeeee...eeeeeeeally need to get a category for songs. This mega thread is too mega! I think it’s easier for the song writer to find their feedback in individual threads and easier for me to see what I haven’t listened to. I’m behind on my listening (I apologize for that, fellow music makers) and it’s pretty hard to find where I’ve missed stuff.

• @drez said:
    We reeeeeee...eeeeeeeally need to get a category for songs. This mega thread is too mega! I think it’s easier for the song writer to find their feedback in individual threads and easier for me to see what I haven’t listened to. I’m behind on my listening (I apologize for that, fellow music makers) and it’s pretty hard to find where I’ve missed stuff.

😆 You’ll be ok.

• edited January 2019

@drez

Yeah very soon, we are currently discussing exact number, names and short descriptions for new categories, they will be added soon, one of them for user's creations for sure !

• @LeeB said:
    A new name, a new beginning

Big up man, really like your tunes.

• @3sleeves your jamuary jam is really cool:)

• @LeeB said:
    A new name, a new beginning

Impressive stuff and always good with a number of names ;-)

Great evolution of this track adding layers so it just keeps building!

• @Cray23 @sharivari
    Thank you both 👍🏼

This discussion has been closed.