StepPolyArp Unit not working

13»

Comments

• @dendy said:

@number37 said:

>

NS2 is in good company then. Check the release schedules, feature additions, and length of time important bugs and shortcomings have been around in Cubasis, Auria Pro, and BM3. Then hit up your doc to see if you can score some ambien. 😉

Couple of newcomer DAWS have been bucking that trend, but my guess is that pace won’t continue forever. They have already begun to slow down.

Yeah, what people don't know is how hard Matt worked last few years especially last months and weeks before release - people often cannot imagine what tremendous amount work is for single man do that complex app like NS2 - in some moments i was really afraid about his health because such brutal working pace can nobody withstand for too long .. so i really hope Matt will at least for few weeks significantly slow down ... I actually hope he will never return to that work tempo like before release, but as i know him, i'm in doubt :)) Plans for this year are for sure impressive and i personally pretty much believe all of them will be fulfilled more or less, so i'm expecting at least 2 mindblowing updates and few smaller ones in between :)

Indeed! No rush. NS2 actually does more than lots of the DAW’s out there already. Plus, people are cranking out tunes. All I see are satisfied customers. Best release of DAW music software anyone has witnessed. Matt should chill and do whatever he wants :+1:

• edited January 2019

@drez said:

@dendy said:

@number37 said:

>

NS2 is in good company then. Check the release schedules, feature additions, and length of time important bugs and shortcomings have been around in Cubasis, Auria Pro, and BM3. Then hit up your doc to see if you can score some ambien. 😉

Couple of newcomer DAWS have been bucking that trend, but my guess is that pace won’t continue forever. They have already begun to slow down.

Yeah, what people don't know is how hard Matt worked last few years especially last months and weeks before release - people often cannot imagine what tremendous amount work is for single man do that complex app like NS2 - in some moments i was really afraid about his health because such brutal working pace can nobody withstand for too long .. so i really hope Matt will at least for few weeks significantly slow down ... I actually hope he will never return to that work tempo like before release, but as i know him, i'm in doubt :)) Plans for this year are for sure impressive and i personally pretty much believe all of them will be fulfilled more or less, so i'm expecting at least 2 mindblowing updates and few smaller ones in between :)

Indeed! No rush. NS2 actually does more than lots of the DAW’s out there already. Plus, people are cranking out tunes. All I see are satisfied customers. Best release of DAW music software anyone has witnessed. Matt should chill and do whatever he wants :+1:

😂 yeah, surefire recipe for success right there... release something that has compatibility issues, take people’s money, then go on indefinite vacation. Great advice! All you see are satisfied customers? Maybe spend some time on other forums outside of this bubble. PLENTY of complaints/issues/non-sales out there..

• edited January 2019

PLENTY of complaints/issues/non-sales out there..

Please can you refer some links on forums with "plenty" of complaints/issues/non-sales ? I would be happy to communicate there .. Except of Facebook, i cancelled my facebook account month ago and don't to go back there never again .. Outside of NS forum i'm active on AB forums, not much compains there in official NS thread, at least last few weeks there are more positive than negative feedbacks (of course there are also some bugreports or feature requests which is good and completely normal, most of them are things which really are on list, some of them already prepared for next update ..).

Is there any other forum with lot of negative experience with NS2 ? Would be happy to read that, maybe it helps to know on which aspects concentrate in upcoming update(s), thanks in advance for helpim me go out of NS/AB forums bubble ;)

• @dendy said:

PLENTY of complaints/issues/non-sales out there..

Please can you refer some links on forums with "plenty" of complaints/issues/non-sales ? I would be happy to communicate there .. Except of Facebook, i cancelled my facebook account month ago and don't to go back there never again .. Outside of NS forum i'm active on AB forums, not much compains there in official NS thread, at least last few weeks there are more positive than negative feedbacks (of course there are also some bugreports or feature requests which is good and positive too).
    Is there any other forum with lot of negative experience with NS2 ? Would be happy to read that, maybe it helps to know on which aspects concentrate in upcoming update(s).

Go read audiobus forum. Or Beatmaker 3 discord. Not everyone is stoked on it. Either with certain implementations or issues like this one. Drez saying only satisfied customers. Im just saying that’s not the case in reality at all outside of this forum. Im one. That dude on here that said he stopped using it is another. I don’t remember the specifics of other conversations off top of head but they’re out there. A lot of people wishing things were fixed/different/added or not using ns2 or just not buying it.

• edited January 2019

@flockz said:
    Go read audiobus forum.

@dendy said:
    Outside of NS forum i'm active on AB forums, not much compains there in official NS thread, at least last few weeks there are more positive than negative feedbacks (of course there are also some bugreports or feature requests which is good and positive too).

Any other relevant public forum with lot of complains ? Honestly, i would be happy to see unsatisfied customers opinions, that is something which always helps to move developement in right way..
    (please, i'm really not sarcastic/ironic, i'm curious)

"plenty compains" to me sounds like majority of users are not satisfied, not two or three guys - that simply happens to every app, no matter how it is packed with feature and how often devs of that app delivers updates .. For example there is groovebox called "GrooveRider GR16" - really mindblowing app, developer delivered updates after initial release at insane rate, a really lot a lot super satistfied users - but still there was if i good rememeber one guy who constantnly complained about lot of missing features (some of them even never announced or even planned to be be in that app) for many many pages of discussion... That simply happens, no way to avoid it, there is no app who fits needs of all users ...

if in some group of users is ratio 80% satisfied vs. 20% unsatisfied that's win for me - you never make happy everybody .. 80:20 is serious ratio considered also in proffesional big companies as market success ..

• @flockz said:

@drez said:

@dendy said:

@number37 said:

>

😂 yeah, surefire recipe for success right there... release something that has compatibility issues, take people’s money, then go on indefinite vacation. Great advice! All you see are satisfied customers? Maybe spend some time on other forums outside of this bubble. PLENTY of complaints/issues out there..

:lol::lol::lol:

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

• @drez said:

@flockz said:

@drez said:

@dendy said:

@number37 said:

>

😂 yeah, surefire recipe for success right there... release something that has compatibility issues, take people’s money, then go on indefinite vacation. Great advice! All you see are satisfied customers? Maybe spend some time on other forums outside of this bubble. PLENTY of complaints/issues out there..

:lol::lol::lol:

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

Congrats drez. You win the ‘weirdest, saddest and most irrelvant post of the day’ prize. Maybe I had change of heart and changed my rating? Maybe I’ll now change it back to prove a point? Maybe I never rated it at all? Maybe I never even bought it? Maybe who cares? Have fun on your uncomfortably creepy, stalkerish investigation... and possibly try to stay adult and on topic in future?

• @dendy said:

@flockz said:
    Go read audiobus forum.

@dendy said:
    Outside of NS forum i'm active on AB forums, not much compains there in official NS thread, at least last few weeks there are more positive than negative feedbacks (of course there are also some bugreports or feature requests which is good and positive too).

Any other relevant public forum with lot of complains ? Honestly, i would be happy to see unsatisfied customers opinions, that is something which always helps to move developement in right way..
    (please, i'm really not sarcastic/ironic, i'm curious)

"plenty compains" to me sounds like majority of users are not satisfied, not two or three guys - that simply happens to every app, no matter how it is packed with feature and how often devs of that app delivers updates .. For example there is groovebox called "GrooveRider GR16" - really mindblowing app, developer delivered updates after initial release at insane rate, a really lot a lot super satistfied users - but still there was if i good rememeber one guy who constantnly complained about lot of missing features (some of them even never announced or even planned to be be in that app) for many many pages of discussion... That simply happens, no way to avoid it, there is no app who fits needs of all users ...

if in some group of users is ratio 80% satisfied vs. 20% unsatisfied that's win for me - you never make happy everybody .. 80:20 is serious ratio considered also in proffesional big companies as market success ..

Why does everything get turned in to twisted semantics and irrelevant plot twists/comparisons :/

‘plenty’ just means ‘plenty’. Not majority. Not minority. Not a specific percentage. Just plenty. Which is subjective and relative I guess, but if anyone’s really that interested to find out exactly then maybe a few hours online with a spreadsheet and calculator is the answer ;) I’m not really interested in exact statistics, I just know I’ve seen a bunch of people voicing frustration or ‘meh’ and that drez said everyone is satisfied, but that’s a lie just cos he likes to argue. I’m the most obvious example of his statement being inaccurate. My posts are here in front of the guy... he’s just arguing cos he thinks I’m being a dick. But no, not all satisfied. Clearly...

Good app but the over-defensive, blame other devs, find other examples that sucked too (two wrongs don’t make a right) and group rally thing is really, really off-putting whenever anyone voices any serious frustrations.

• @drez said:

Lol. You’re actually carrying on! Hahahaha! I’m embarrassed for you but also kind of enjoying picturing you spending time on this. Continue, please...

• @dendy can you maybe start a Drez vs Flocks thread and move all the junk in there? Feel like the actual points people have made (both for and against) are now just haze behind the ‘hey look it’s drez on an unhinged derail!’ show.

• edited January 2019

@flockz i'm trying stay away from emotions and personal attacks (hope you noticed it). My goal is stay neutral. I'm also trying to not involve to discussions of other users until somebody doesn't start with insulting and personal attacks and strong words ...

My question was just where i can found those plenty of complaining users - maybe some discussion with them would help to both sides. Didn't found them here and didn't found them at AB forums. BM3 discord is obviously a little bit biased (and small) community for objective discussion about NS2 features (and obviously it makes not sense at all, because it is mentioned for BM3 users for discussiong BM3 features - it is same nonsense like i we start discuss here missing features and bugs in BM3 :))

@dendy can you maybe start a Drez vs Flocks thread and move all the junk in there? Feel like the actual points people have made (both for and against) are now just haze behind the ‘hey look it’s drez on an unhinged derail!’ show.

If you wish, i can delete all mess in this thread and leave there just number37's report, then Matts reaction - and rest stuff which doesn't add anything valuable to topic i can delete.

Just give me your permisson and i'll do it, if you wish - i will not do it without your clear confirmation to avoid accusing of censorship of stuff like that.

• @dendy said:
    @flockz i'm trying stay away from emotions and personal attacks (hope you noticed it). My goal is stay neutral. I'm also trying to not involve to discussions of other users until somebody doesn't start with insulting and personal attacks and strong words ...

My question was just where i can found those plenty of complaining users - maybe some discussion with them would help to both sides. Didn't found them here and didn't found them at AB forums. BM3 discord is obviously a little bit biased (and small) community for objective discussion about NS2 features (and obviously it makes not sense at all, because it is mentioned for BM3 users for discussiong BM3 features - it is same nonsense like i we start discuss here missing features and bugs in BM3 :))

@dendy can you maybe start a Drez vs Flocks thread and move all the junk in there? Feel like the actual points people have made (both for and against) are now just haze behind the ‘hey look it’s drez on an unhinged derail!’ show.

If you wish, i can delete all mess in this thread and leave there just number37's report, then Matts reaction - and rest stuff which doesn't add anything valuable to topic i can delete.

Just give me your permisson and i'll do it, if you wish - i will not do it without your clear confirmation to avoid accusing of censorship of stuff like that.

I’m past caring right now to be honest dude ;)

Was literally just saying, ‘if the SPA fix is done, please release it. Don’t hold it back while working on a ton of other stuff’. But of course this isn’t the kind of forum where people can say stuff like that without a federal court case....

Most of the rest of this thread I couldn’t care less about and has mostly just been irrelevant tedium for all involved! Leave it as it is...I am ;)

• @number37 said:
    yay.

For the love of god....

• edited January 2019

I meant “yay the silly arguing might end”. Nothing personal toward you.

• @flockz
    Leave it as it is...I am ;)

Ok :+1:

• @number37 said:
    I meant “yay the silly arguing might end”. Nothing personal toward you.

:) Peace on earth...let’s do it!

• It’s all good fun, man. As the obvious :trollface: of the forum, watching you try to rally your “plenty” of disappointed troops and try to sell how disappointed you are in the app is entertaining because that’s a :trollface: purpose in life. If you really aren’t trolling, then either you...

• Aren’t actually disappointed because you actually rated it higher than you said because, and I quote you, ”Makes a total mockery of the stars/review system to imply that people should rate something as 5 stars, regardless of their feelings and experience on it.”
    • Never rated it in the first place
    • Never bought it to even know the difference

It’s hard to take you seriously about your complaints when you aren’t really being honest in the first place. All I had to do was use your own posts to show it and you pretty much ...

As for on topic ...All I know is when SPA does work in NS2, I will expect to hear the most arptactular song posted by you that I’ve ever heard. There won’t be any more excuses. I’m fairly certain that there are plenty of us waiting to hear it. You can even have the same amount of time to get that done as when Matt said “it was an easy fix” and the day it hits the App Store! You can guarantee i’ll be counting down the days :wink:

• edited January 2019

Hey @dendy, I vote for a close on this thread. It’s gotten beyond pointless.

• @number37 said:

Lock it upppppppp! :)

• TLDR; the arp in StepPloyArp Unit isn’t working in NS2. Matt knows why and expects the fix to be in the next release. The next release date has not been announced. People are either happy to wait, not happy to wait, or dont really care. Nothing left to discuss.

Peace y’all. B)

• @number37 said:

Agree !

This discussion has been closed.