Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• Have you guys driven a Ford lately?

Latest Jamuary jam, all NS2, no post processing or AU, short and sweet.
    Thanks to everyone sharing music and feedback, love this thread!!!

• @3sleeves nice little jam. That vehicle looks like something Chevy Chase might take his family to a closed theme park in 😂

• @3sleeves said:
    Have you guys driven a Ford lately?

LOL - gotta get me one of those cars =)
    Thanks for the tunes everyone! @LeeB your tunes are so polished. Have you considered making a "how I made this tune using NS2" video? I can see a lot of what you've done in your videos, but I'd love to hear how you built it up, why you chose the patches you did, what you listen for when you edit, how you decide on a structure for a track. What do others think? Would there be lots of viewers for this?

• I’d enjoy watching that!

• @3sleeves Smooth track! Worked nice with that commercial.

• edited January 2019

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:

@3sleeves said:
    Have you guys driven a Ford lately?

LOL - gotta get me one of those cars =)
    Thanks for the tunes everyone! @LeeB your tunes are so polished. Have you considered making a "how I made this tune using NS2" video? I can see a lot of what you've done in your videos, but I'd love to hear how you built it up, why you chose the patches you did, what you listen for when you edit, how you decide on a structure for a track. What do others think? Would there be lots of viewers for this?

Thanks for the kind comments Trig

As for the tutorial, you’ve put me on the spot now 😬

If there was enough interest, I suppose I could break a track down and explain a bit about the parts, how I did it, followed by a bit about the arrangement and mixing, but it’s quite a bit of work and I’d have to expose my cockney tones 😀

@SlapHappy More pressure 😩

• @LeeB said:
    ...and I’d have to expose my cockney tones 😀

Best part!

• Would make for a super thread to try the Song Exploder format.

• Here’s a recent thing from me. I used my weird Living Room Kit, as well as the 3sleeves Boom Pap kit. It’s weird, like most of my stuff, ....but it’s mine. 😀
    @3sleeves cool kit, by the way. Thanks for putting it up!

• @kleptolia dope stuff !!! very heavy and very pchychedelic .. :heart:

• 80% NS2, vocal tracking and final mix done in Auria:

• @richardyot said:
    80% NS2, vocal tracking and final mix done in Auria:

Nicely done! Really nice production all around.

• @SlapHappy said:

@richardyot said:

Nicely done! Really nice production all around.

Thanks! :)

• @richardyot said:

Excellent! That vocal is really well done. Great down tempo work with the kit and nice spacing of the elements :+1:

• @kleptolia said:
    Here’s a recent thing from me. I used my weird Living Room Kit, as well as the 3sleeves Boom Pap kit. It’s weird, like most of my stuff, ....but it’s mine. 😀

Seriously trippy and seriously heavy. That super low bass when it gets low and warbly is awesome. The bridge twists at the end really nicely. Really really good stuff.

• @drez said:

@richardyot said:

Excellent! That vocal is really well done. Great down tempo work with the kit and nice spacing of the elements :+1:

Thanks for the listen :)

• @LeeB said:
    As for the tutorial, you’ve put me on the spot now 😬

If there was enough interest, I suppose I could break a track down and explain a bit about the parts, how I did it, followed by a bit about the arrangement and mixing, but it’s quite a bit of work and I’d have to expose my cockney tones 😀

You’ve got to do it! I’d love to watch that. But if you do pull your cockney out completely I may need Queen’s English subtitles… reading Modesty Blaise may not have fully prepared me for all those metaphors. 😁

• @drez said:
    Seriously trippy and seriously heavy. That super low bass when it gets low and warbly is awesome. The bridge twists at the end really nicely. Really really good stuff.

Thank you, @drez! Very kind!

• @richardyot great job with your drum mix! They aren’t “up front” in your mix, but they never get lost, either; not even when they are behind your singing. That’s not easy to accomplish. Really good work!

• @kleptolia said:
    Here’s a recent thing from me. I used my weird Living Room Kit, as well as the 3sleeves Boom Pap kit. It’s weird, like most of my stuff, ....but it’s mine. 😀

Woah! I love this!

• @Audiogus said:
    Woah! I love this!

Thank you, @Audiogus! I have to admit: even as I was making it, I wasn't sure I liked it. But it was interesting enough that I went through with it. Nice to find that others are enjoying it. Thanks again!

• @kleptolia said:

@Audiogus said:
    Woah! I love this!

Thank you, @Audiogus! I have to admit: even as I was making it, I wasn't sure I liked it. But it was interesting enough that I went through with it. Nice to find that others are enjoying it. Thanks again!

It teeters gracefuly between accessible and plain twisted. I try to do heavy thick stuff like this at times but never get the production to sound so smooth and controlled. Huge tip of my very jealous hat!

• @Audiogus said:

@kleptolia said:

@Audiogus said:
    Woah! I love this!

It teeters gracefuly between accessible and plain twisted. I try to do heavy thick stuff like this at times but never get the production to sound so smooth and controlled. Huge tip of my very jealous hat!

Ha! It’s funny you say that! Most of my time in the mixer section was spent in complete confusion. Nothing was matching up. I finally just started adding limiters and eq to everything until it sounded passable.

The end result was a pleasant surprise. Don’t envy me for my “skills.” This track sounding like anything other than noise is basically a happy accident. As are most of my best results, really.

• @kleptolia said:

@Audiogus said:

@kleptolia said:

@Audiogus said:
    Woah! I love this!

Ha! It’s funny you say that! Most of my time in the mixer section was spent in complete confusion. Nothing was matching up. I finally just started adding limiters and eq to everything until it sounded passable.

The end result was a pleasant surprise. Don’t envy me for my “skills.” This track sounding like anything other than noise is basically a happy accident. As are most of my best results, really.

‘Audio engineers hate him.’ ;)

• @Audiogus said:

@kleptolia said:

@Audiogus said:

@kleptolia said:

@Audiogus said:
    Woah! I love this!

‘Audio engineers hate him.’ ;)

😂

• edited February 2019

something new, very very different from my usual style .. it's sweet .. it's repetitive.. it's edm (or whatever) .. if you're not ready for some dumb music, rather do not listen it :))))

everything obsidian and internal FX , piano is Ravenscroft and on drum bus is used FAC chorus ..

• edited February 2019

Ok, I'm continuing my "light production" series with this nostalgic, very NS1 sounding piece. It's actually quite a bit like my very first track made with NS1 back in 2010, just you know, more nostalgic. Some light multiband compressing was done with Ableton Live but otherwise it's fully NS2. AUs used are Sunrizer and iSem.

• @dendy said:
    something new, very very different from my usual style .. it's sweet .. it's repetitive.. it's edm (or whatever) .. if you're not ready for some dumb music, rather do not listen it :))))

everything obsidian and internal FX , piano is Ravenscroft and on drum bus is used FAC chorus ..

WTF dendy this is textbook EDM?! It’s awesome, love the retriggered chords but that mix… wow, now I’m jealous 🤯

• edited February 2019

Just been out back having a chong and listening through some of the recent offerings on my earbuds and all I can say is , WOW!!!
    Some great stuff, all different.

@richardyot great structure and a proper song. Nicely done, although I’ve never been a fan of auto tuned vocals, even when used as an effect and don’t think I ever will. I think your voice is good enough as is ;)

@kleptolia That was FAT! Great changing beats all the way through and nice and spacey backgrounds.

@dendy Super job and lovely chord progressions. Like Stiksi said, love the chord rolls. Did you use the expander with 1/32 note sidechain to get that effect?

@Stiksi Soooo Groooovy!
    Really nicely done. Those drums are swinging beautifully along with that bass.
    Lovely mix too!

Great to hear all these styles. Nanostudio is no one trick pony!!!

• edited February 2019

hah thanks :-)

yeah that retriggered part was first thing i made ... i liked it soo much that i decided build whole track around it - it was initialy just experiment, i resampled whole melody (layer of 3 obsidians) then loaded it back into obsidian sampler and used sample start automation trick ...

but it all ended really bad. really no happy ending for this tune :)..

after i did final mixdown of track, i noticed that i have some old mess in "mixdowns" folder... so i deleted it all... many old files, lot of old crap...

just small problem - also that resampled main melody was there :( no way back, will never reproduce it again..

This discussion has been closed.