iPad4/iOS 10 support

Just putting it out there... as all my posts from the old forum are gone.
I, for one, would be delighted to see NS2 on iPad4/iOS 10 one day.

Comments

• Can’t happen. Sorry. iPad 4 is the last 32bit iPad. iPad Air is the first 64bit iPad. Totally different machines from a code perspective. The good news is, you can still run NS1 :)
  • @darwiniandude said:
    IPad Air is the first 64bit iPad.

Thats what I came here to get confirmed! So now I'm updating my iPad Air.
    Bye bye NS1 and bye bye Alchemy :'(:/:'(

• @Jeppan74 I had to do that, too. Bit the bullet last weekend.

• I was annoyed about dropping iOS 10 as I'd optimized all the 32 bit code so it meant throwing away a load of hard work too. However, I just couldn't get the damned app store to work in it no matter what I did. It was jeopardizing launch so I had to cut it.

Looking at it through a longer lens now, it's probably a better strategy to leave iOS 10 behind and reduce the complications with having to work on both 32/64 bit.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    I was annoyed about dropping iOS 10 as I'd optimized all the 32 bit code so it meant throwing away a load of hard work too. However, I just couldn't get the damned app store to work in it no matter what I did. It was jeopardizing launch so I had to cut it.

Looking at it through a longer lens now, it's probably a better strategy to leave iOS 10 behind and reduce the complications with having to work on both 32/64 bit.

Those who use 32-bit can continue on with NS1. Those with 64-bit can continue on with NS2. So there is the solution there. Not the greatest solution, but better than our 32-bit mates being left with nothing. So many great productions were crafted in NS1 afterall.

• I get the 32/64bit diffs, I really do. Just been waiting so long for NS2 I'm finding it very difficult to let go.
    How about releasing it without the app store functionality as a one of? If that's the cost, happy to bite the bullet. Also happy not to have any updates, just a one off release. Arghhhh I'm going mental seeing all the screenshots/vids....

• @l_b said:
    I get the 32/64bit diffs, I really do. Just been waiting so long for NS2 I'm finding it very difficult to let go.
    How about releasing it without the app store functionality as a one of? If that's the cost, happy to bite the bullet. Also happy not to have any updates, just a one off release. Arghhhh I'm going mental seeing all the screenshots/vids....

I don’t know anything about your finances but how about buying an iPad Air. They are very cheap on eBay and this way you can keep alchemy on your 4.

• edited December 2018

I have to agree with the idea that if you want to hold onto NS1 & other 32 bit apps, leave your iPad 4 on iOS 10. That’s what I did with myiPad Air. Then get another device for NS2.

• Thanks for the tips all but the reasons behind my attempt to lobby for the 32bit version of NS2 are somewhat more complex.
    Guess this is a brick wall and I'll have to wait for NS2 for a year or so and by then Apple may have a new standard in place, quantum architecture perhaps ;). I'll make a call what to purchase then.