Break slicer re arranger

edited December 2018 in General chat

Can anyone recommend a good AUv3 break slicer / re-arranger. I have Egoist but it’s not really working how I want it to in Nanostudio. Just want to chuck in loops to sit under my main break.

Comments

• Hi, not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but maybe ReSlice or Turnado?
    All the best! 🎹

• @gdog said:
    Hi, not sure if it’s exactly what you want, but maybe ReSlice or Turnado?
    All the best! 🎹

Reslice is perfect, thanks

• You can use my app, Samplist to slice your sample, and export slices as a zip. then tap Open In Nanostudio 2.

It imports the folder in the Inbox directory ready to load in Slate.

http://alexbuga.com/samplist

I'm reading a lot of docs and trying a lot of combinations to make it an AUv3. That was the main wish since I developed the app.

• @alexbuga holding fingers crossed and wishing you enough energy to finish this challenge !

• I’ll be checking that later Alex 👍🏼

• Drambo. Need. Drambo...

• @alexbuga thanks, I’ll keep and eye out for when it auv3

• edited December 2018

@alexbuga said:
    You can use my app, Samplist to slice your sample, and export slices as a zip. then tap Open In Nanostudio 2.

It imports the folder in the Inbox directory ready to load in Slate.

http://alexbuga.com/samplist

I'm reading a lot of docs and trying a lot of combinations to make it an AUv3. That was the main wish since I developed the app.

Any chance you'd consider an "Export as Slate Kit" option? :) Would be the same zip of sample slices along with a pretty simple XML file pointing pads to samples. Personally, I'd gladly pay for it as a Samplist IAP!

• Fun. Where can I get my hands on the XML file spec?

• @number37 said:
    Fun. Where can I get my hands on the XML file spec?

There's no published spec but you can "Init" a Slate kit (via the hamburger menu), assign a single sample to a pad and then export the kit. From there, transfer via Webdav to have a look at the XML (actually stored in the your-kit-name.slt file).

It can be quite complicated as Slate obvously has lots of available parameters (3 samples per pad * 32 pads * lots of per-pad settings + 4 busses + global effects...) but the above would represent the vanilla default XML (along with one example file path) which would work fine as an export target for something like Samplist.

• Thanks @Will this looks right up my nerdy little alley.

• @number37 said:
    Thanks @Will this looks right up my nerdy little alley.

Oh, mine too. For sure. :+1: Look forward to hearing what you discover!