Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• @richardyot said:

@SlapHappy said:
    Here's a ambient 'limitation project' I just finished: All IAA sounds. No Obsidian, Slate, or AU were harmed in the making of this track. Just because.

Very nice chilled track. Beautiful sounds there.

Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad you liked it :):)

• @Stiksi said:
    Here's something for the dads (and moms) who are feeling it. I've moved from Soundcloud to Youtube, which gave me a sudden boost in popularity in my 7-yo son's eyes because I now have a Youtube channel! :o

It's also up on bandcamp if you're really feeling it. But wait, there is more! I can also be hired to parties as a dancer. I'm sure you will want to after watching the video B) I am definitely not desperate!

What TV channel do I select to get to that YouTube channel?

Awesome track!!! Full of energy and cool sounds. The tempo change and the vocals work really nicely together and I dig the video. There should be a page on the NS2 website with cool videos like this that show off what can be done in NS2.

• @SlapHappy said:
    What TV channel do I select to get to that YouTube channel?

You just need to watch any channel long enough for these antiquated media corporations to be absorbed into Google.

Awesome track!!! Full of energy and cool sounds. The tempo change and the vocals work really nicely together and I dig the video. There should be a page on the NS2 website with cool videos like this that show off what can be done in NS2.

Thanks 😀

• T4HT4H
    edited March 2019

@Stiksi said:
    Here's something for the dads (and moms) who are feeling it. I've moved from Soundcloud to Youtube, which gave me a sudden boost in popularity in my 7-yo son's eyes because I now have a Youtube channel! :o

It's also up on bandcamp if you're really feeling it. But wait, there is more! I can also be hired to parties as a dancer. I'm sure you will want to after watching the video B) I am definitely not desperate!

This is really cool! Love the complexity in the track, FX, arrangement and the video editing, really brings it all together! I think this youtube integration is a formula for success.

Your son has very good career intuition. He’s wise beyond his years 😆

• @T4H said:
    This is really cool! Love the complexity in the track, FX, arrangement and the video editing, really brings it all together! I think this youtube integration is a formula for success.

Your son has very good career intuition. He’s wise beyond his years 😆

Thanks, I'll be sure to let him know (unless he's still planning to play legos professionally, he has a very good memory and that might come back to haunt me in ten years…). :3

• I would never have thought that people would get paid to play video games, so maybe one day someone can get paid to play Legos... One day. I bet if he started a YouTube channel playing Legos he would be making more money per month than I ever did. Wish I had a 7 year old making 22 million on YouTube (Ryan ToysReview). Shit, I'd play with toys on YouTube for 1/20th that amount...

• You can also go work for Lego but I’m not going to give him ideas because then he’d be in Denmark.

• Top notch @Stiksi, love it!

• @sch said:
    Top notch @Stiksi, love it!

Ha, I see you on both forums, double vision! Thanks!

• Hey @3sleeves I wanted you to know: The reason I haven’t been around much is because I got a Korg Microsampler and I’ve been messing with that more than anything else. I ran across some of your YouTube videos. Excellent tips and tricks!

I love the MS1! I’m going to use it in connection with Nanostudio2 when the iPhone version arrives.

• @kleptolia it’s a nice sampler, love the action on the keys too. Glad the videos are helpful, I had fun making those at the time.
    I recommend a Yamaha BT-01 Bluetooth midi adapter for the MS1, super handy with iPhone and iPad!
    Looking forward to hearing what you make next!

• edited March 2019

New track I started this week, going for something kinda progressive/more like a mix. Can give AU deets if you want!

I’m still pretty new to music production, only started this year, and this is definitely still a WIP. I haven’t even thought about properly mixing down yet so any feedback good or bad will be very much appreciated!

• @stringerrrrr nice building rhythms and layers in your track. Good stuf!

• @SlapHappy great big soundtrack there mate. Powerful stuff!

• @LeeB said:
    @SlapHappy great big soundtrack there mate. Powerful stuff!

Thanks for listening and the kind words. Much appreciated.

• @Stiksi Legendary Jam!!! That video is amazing too, I would hope your kiddo thinks you’re awesome after seeing that!
    @SlapHappy Perfect vibrations for some morning yoga, ambient but very powerful👌
    @stringerrrrr Big sounds, dig the vibe! drums could maybe be a little louder in the mix, but good composition.

This thread rocks!

• edited March 2019

Here’s a track that originated in Jamuary but is making it’s way to an official streaming release in the near future:

I tried to harmonize with the sound effects for the chords and melody.
    The production and mix were done in NS2 and then I mastered it with MasterRecord and edited this video in LumaFusion.
    My kids are in their early 20’s and still appreciate my sense of humor, which is amazing...but would it kill them to maybe shoutout my Spotify on their IG and Snapchat!?!? (I jest, they’re very supportive of my musical endeavors and I wouldn’t ask for more)

• edited March 2019

@3sleeves wow that's nice, like it a much ! I really like how you're able to put lot of positive vibe into your music, i start always smiling and shaking head :))

My kids are in their early 20’s a

Whaat ? Your kids ?? Man i saw you on some of your videos and i thought you're somewhere aroun 25yo :)))

• @3sleeves said:
    Here’s a track that originated in Jamuary but is making it’s way to an official streaming release in the near future:

The production and mix were done in NS2 and then I mastered it with MasterRecord and edited this video in LumaFusion.
    My kids are in their early 20’s and still appreciate my sense of humor, which is amazing...but would it kill them to maybe shoutout my Spotify on their IG and Snapchat!?!? (I jest, they’re very supportive of my musical endeavors and I wouldn’t ask for more)

Really nice mate. Love the old footage too.

• Nanostudio is absolutely wonderful,
    If you are into future house please give me some feedback❤️

• @dendy Thanks! It's good to know it has a positive impact, I'm usually smiling and dancing a bit when I record! And yeah, I started early and also have a blended family (I'm not quite 40, in those YouTube videos I was around 30...my hair has since migrated from the top of my head to my jawline).
    @LeeB Thank you, I've been digging through old b-roll and advertisements lately for inspiration.

@Jabaanand Nice Tune! Not normally the type of stuff I listen to but it sounds clean and has a good flow to it.

• edited March 2019

New Track to compliment the Free Slate Rocker Kit. Download HERE.

FYI The link will request follows on various Social Media. None are required, but Any/All are appreciated! Also, it seems to ask to send the link to your email if accessed from an iPad. It doesn't do this on a Desktop from my experiences. This is simply the platform, not me.

The Lead, Piano, Bass, and more were made in conjunction with my WestCoast Hip Hop kit. @dendy you were right, it works on different genre's! This isn't mixed, and not my genre at all, but this was fun to make while sitting on the couch. We're too spoiled as musicians these days!

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

• edited March 2019

Trap Inspired Beat made in NanoStudio 2.

Featuring drums and 808s that are a trap kit I’m currently building for the NanoStudio 2. Any comments are always appreciated.

• @Jabaanand said:
    Nanostudio is absolutely wonderful,

This sounds pretty awesome to me, the mix is spot on! Only one thing sticks up, is the timing on the growly riff's transients in the chorus intentionally a little off compared to the hihats? To my very conventional ear, it kind of got in the way of my vibing. But yeah, if I was throwing a beach party, this would be right in the mix! Great work :D

@iPadBeatMaking said:

Featuring drums and 808s that are a trap kit I’m currently building for the NanoStudio 2. Any comments are always appreciated.

Oof, looking forward to the kit, that's some powerful bass!

• edited April 2019

Here's a little 1 minute downtempo dance track I made for an IG video. Made good use of @Zupi 's FM Square Arp bell patch, Analog Bass sound and ShimmerFX.

• @stringerrrrr - nice :) - keep at it! I like the second half more, I think there's more going on there and my short attention span needs something surprising or changing every 7 seconds or so otherwise I lose track of... what was I saying? You could just add a layer or sound effects (I love long dubby delay effects for this) or bring back small snippets of the melody from before, for example.

Or you could add a rambling spoken word sample in there to give it a theme. Words are magic in a track, they can give meaning like nothing else.

The mix could do with some sort of low or sub-bass in there to use more of the sound spectrum and give it more "pump" - especially in the section between 2:30 and about 4:00; given your style you could have something just gently growling away in the background as an alternative if you want it to sound chill (which it does nicely at the moment).

Just try adding things - it's easy to mute them out of the mix if they don't work :)

Personally I like long progressive mixes like this, love the way the sound builds and washes around in the second half.

Hope these thoughts help you, since I'd like to hear you produce more. There's some wondrous stuff in here.

• The drums, bass and synths were performed/sequenced in NS2, the guitars and vocals and final mix were done in Auria:

• edited April 2019

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    @stringerrrrr - nice :) - keep at it! I like the second half more, I think there's more going on there and my short attention span needs something surprising or changing every 7 seconds or so otherwise I lose track of... what was I saying? You could just add a layer or sound effects (I love long dubby delay effects for this) or bring back small snippets of the melody from before, for example.

Or you could add a rambling spoken word sample in there to give it a theme. Words are magic in a track, they can give meaning like nothing else.

The mix could do with some sort of low or sub-bass in there to use more of the sound spectrum and give it more "pump" - especially in the section between 2:30 and about 4:00; given your style you could have something just gently growling away in the background as an alternative if you want it to sound chill (which it does nicely at the moment).

Just try adding things - it's easy to mute them out of the mix if they don't work :)

Personally I like long progressive mixes like this, love the way the sound builds and washes around in the second half.

Hope these thoughts help you, since I'd like to hear you produce more. There's some wondrous stuff in here.

Hey man, thanks for the feedback! Definitely all stuff I agree with and want to include, especially the sound effects - I’ve been playing around with AD’s Replicant 2 recently and I think some mangled spoken word would sound grand. But I do tend to have a habit of moving onto a new track before finishing the last one! On that note, here are a couple of more new ones, started last week.

• @richardyot said:
    The drums, bass and synths were performed/sequenced in NS2, the guitars and vocals and final mix were done in Auria:

Really clean production, the Vocals sit in the mix so nicely! I think the drums might need a bit more presence in the mix, unless you were going for that late 80s slowcore kinda sound in which case it works quite well!

@Stiksi said:
    Here's a little 1 minute downtempo dance track I made for an IG video. Made good use of @Zupi 's FM Square Arp bell patch, Analog Bass sound and ShimmerFX.

Synths sound awesome, great track. Got me nodding my head

@iPadBeatMaking said:

Not usually that big on trap, but that change-up is huge. Drums sound massive, nice job.

@iPadBeatMaking said:
    New Track to compliment the Free Slate Rocker Kit. Download HERE.

FYI The link will request follows on various Social Media. None are required, but Any/All are appreciated! Also, it seems to ask to send the link to your email if accessed from an iPad. It doesn't do this on a Desktop from my experiences. This is simply the platform, not me.

I think electronic rock will always sound cheesy, that's just in its nature. I think it needs more energy, definitely pushing the hats higher in the mix will help

@Jabaanand said:
    Nanostudio is absolutely wonderful,

Fantastic track, sounds proper professional. Really impressive! The vocals are really well done, especially, and the beat is nice and varied too, I like it

@3sleeves said:

Dig the beat, really trippy. I think I can hear the harmonising you were talking about!

@Stiksi said:

Oh nice, I love the interplay between the synth parts, co> @SlapHappy said:

Here's a ambient 'limitation project' I just finished: All IAA sounds. No Obsidian, Slate, or AU were harmed in the making of this track. Just because.

Those pads are so lush, really beautiful track. Very Steve Roach!

• @stringerrrrr thanks for the listen :) Late 80s Slowcore (Galaxie 500) is exactly the sound I was stealing here, especially in terms of guitar and drums.

This discussion has been closed.