Nanostudio 2 iphone?

Hello

A few weeks ago someone on the Audiobus forum mentioned that Nanostudio 2 would soon be released on iPhone. Is this true? Is there any estimate as to when this will be released?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• there will be soon update with various bug fixes and improvements... iphone is queued after this update but no eta for now...

• @Cinebient said:

@dendy said:
    there will be soon update with various bug fixes and improvements... iphone is queued after this update but no eta for now...

:'( But i can understand...

Review first couple of months on this forum: many issues/requests from initial release had to be addressed. Those pushed iPhone back. Sadly. I hope iPhone will now be moved to top priority, but we have no ETA, just faith that it will come.

• @SlapHappy said:

@Cinebient said:

@dendy said:
    there will be soon update with various bug fixes and improvements... iphone is queued after this update but no eta for now...

Review first couple of months on this forum: many issues/requests from initial release had to be addressed. Those pushed iPhone back. Sadly. I hope iPhone will now be moved to top priority, but we have no ETA, just faith that it will come.

I’d like to see an iPhone version but I’d prefer to see audio tracks first if anyone cares. ;)
    Of course my music making is primarily iPad.

• @anickt said:

@SlapHappy said:

@Cinebient said:

@dendy said:

I’d like to see an iPhone version but I’d prefer to see audio tracks first if anyone cares. ;)
    Of course my music making is primarily iPad.

+1

• Yes, but. It is harder to shoehorn iPad things into the iPhone size unless it is done a little at a time as one goes along. The development has been sorta parallel and before too much goes down particular paths of development, the iPhone version has to be pushed along so that the UI/UX and general workflow remain consistently similar. I think the goal has been to get the iPhone on par with the iPad version first, then do Audio Tracks.

I found myself getting a lot of work done with the iPhone version. It is especially nice to have the iPhone version during those short chunks of time throughout the day (10-20 minutes) for smaller tasks like creating Obsidian Patches or Slate Kits. Or if the mood strikes me, create a beat or play with a chord progression. Then when I am at my iPad I can focus on composition.

While there are iPad music producers who do not have iPhones, we should consider that there are some Uber-Fans of Nanostudio who do not have iPads, and the wait for iPhone version must be agonizing.

• @SlapHappy said:
    Yes, but. It is harder to shoehorn iPad things into the iPhone size unless it is done a little at a time as one goes along. The development has been sorta parallel and before too much goes down particular paths of development, the iPhone version has to be pushed along so that the UI/UX and general workflow remain consistently similar. I think the goal has been to get the iPhone on par with the iPad version first, then do Audio Tracks.

I found myself getting a lot of work done with the iPhone version. It is especially nice to have the iPhone version during those short chunks of time throughout the day (10-20 minutes) for smaller tasks like creating Obsidian Patches or Slate Kits. Or if the mood strikes me, create a beat or play with a chord progression. Then when I am at my iPad I can focus on composition.

While there are iPad music producers who do not have iPhones, we should consider that there are some Uber-Fans of Nanostudio who do not have iPads, and the wait for iPhone version must be agonizing.

Hmmm, had not considered that group of sufferers.

• @SlapHappy said:
    Yes, but. It is harder to shoehorn iPad things into the iPhone size unless it is done a little at a time as one goes along. The development has been sorta parallel and before too much goes down particular paths of development, the iPhone version has to be pushed along so that the UI/UX and general workflow remain consistently similar. I think the goal has been to get the iPhone on par with the iPad version first, then do Audio Tracks.

As a long-standing user of Nanostudio on the iPhone producing full songs (with vocals) for many years, I can vouch for the unique possibilities of working on the smallest format. And let me tell you, 'agonizing' doesn't even begin to describe the experience of waiting for N2!

This is a track by me made just using the old nano -

• NS1 came from the time before there was an iPad, but in the interum the iPad took center stage as the main iOS music production tool, so NS2 was planned as iPad first, iPhone (Universal) second. It’s coming...

• edited June 2019

@Tarekith said:
    Yea, where is the iPhone NS2 version? The iPhone/iPod Touch is what made the original Nanostudio popular way before the iPad.

And I’d like to add, I’m glad you’re back, welcome to the new forum! You are a bit of a legend for starting the Wishlists threat on the old forum. And no, we still don’t have horizontal knobs 😉

Edit: Uh, I meant "thread"… it's a little too funny to correct :)

• You are a bit of a legend for starting the Wishlists threat on the old forum.

That was him ? Oooo.. welcome back, MASTER !

• @Stiksi said:

@Tarekith said:
    Yea, where is the iPhone NS2 version? The iPhone/iPod Touch is what made the original Nanostudio popular way before the iPad.

And I’d like to add, I’m glad you’re back, welcome to the new forum! You are a bit of a legend for starting the Wishlists threat on the old forum. And no, we still don’t have horizontal knobs 😉

Edit: Uh, I meant "thread"… it's a little too funny to correct :)

Good call back stiksi! Yes welcome back. That thread was amazingly long. I looked over it again before the NS1 forum was shuttered and was amazed at how much stuff Matt actually had to read over and log into the To Do List from Hell.

• Yea I'm seriously fiending for the iPhone version. I dont use ipad. I'd just buy a MacBook. More reliable but I can't use it on the bus or dentist waiting room when I get amazing ideas and need to get them down.

Audio tracks are coming too tho. I get prioritizing this is probably gonna be a divide on which people feel is more imperative

• Audio Tracks are imperative, but I think getting the iPhone up to where the iPad version is now is a pre-requisite to Audio Tracks due to maintaining the UX of the UI. So... probably we’ll see iPhone first.

• iPhone is imperative so that Matt can make some more money. iPhone only users are a significant market, methinks, so he needs to recoup that development cost. I’m all for the iPhone version if it helps out Matt.

• edited June 2019

Thinkgis that if it is not available for iPhone, there is no workaround how to run iPad version on iPhone...

On other side, for audio tracks there is lot workarounds which can cover partially for what are audio tracks used - yes of course not totally all use cases, but lot of them are doable if one really wants.

Plus there is needed significantly less work to finish iPhone version than to finish audio tracks - so from both those points of view simply iPhone version before audio tracks makes very much sense ..

• @drez said:
    iPhone is imperative so that Matt can make some more money. iPhone only users are a significant market, methinks, so he needs to recoup that development cost. I’m all for the iPhone version if it helps out Matt.

I didn’t want to specifically mention that, but yeah. A prime consideration, and an important factor for all of us, is keeping Blip Interactive in a positive cash flow situation. I hope his would add some nice numbers to the bottom line.

• edited June 2019

@dendy said:
    Thinkgis that if it is not available for iPhone, there is no workaround how to run iPad version on iPhone...

On other side, for audio tracks there is lot workarounds which can cover partially for what are audio tracks used - yes of course not totally all use cases, but lot of them are doable if one really wants.

Plus there is needed significantly less work to finish iPhone version than to finish audio tracks - so from both those points of view simply iPhone version before audio tracks makes very much sense ..

Yah it does seem to tip more towards iphone over audio tracks particularly because NS1 was on iPhone and good loyal supporters of version 1 would be very happy but also because it would stand waaaaay out as a dominant force on that platform.

For me the main win/argument for audio tracks from a brand/market/biz/buzz perspective is that it can then be actually referred to as a DAW with only a couple minor holes to patch after that.

• Agreed on both points.

• Gotta say it is pretty gnarly using NS1 on the olde 4S with just one hand, lol... don’t make me buy a new phone NS2, but dammit probably going to happen.

• HA! I just charged up my 4s, but I look at it and wonder how I used NS1 on such a small device. I’m on an 8+ now, and I love the extra room. Anyway I don’t think the 4s can run the requsite iOS 11 for NS2. Not sure on that though.

• I am waiting with wallet in hand to buy nanostudio 2 iphone. So are four close friends

• edited June 2019

I hope they are close friend as they are standing with your wallet in their hands.
    😄😄😁
    Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

• Lol. They are. I mean I buy them beers pretty regularly :)

• @panthemusicalgoat said:
    Lol. They are. I mean I buy them beers pretty regularly :)

Best way to keep people loyal 👍 and their hands occupied

• edited June 2019

I keep checking every day. I've tried to use garageband, and other combinations of apps thru audiobus but nothing has ever beat the nanostudio 1 work flow on an iphone for me. Can't wait

Also i know @Blip Interactive hates giving timeframes since creative well produced projects don't cooperate well with time constraints but I'm curious if there's a rough eta yet

• No. That is the short answer.

I'm much better at longer, long-winded answers, but it won't help the iPhone version get here any quicker. I would say that you don't need to check every day. It won't be any time soon. You can gauge a possible ETA a bit by the time it took from NS2's launch to the first update. There were a lot of things that people wanted, and I think it made sense to update those things first so that the iPhone version would have those updates. Mostly.

I'd really love to see the iPhone version sooner rather than later, but there really is no way to rush it without running the risk of things not working well. I believe there is also a lot that needs to be designed up front so that the Audio Tracks will work well in the iPhone version also. Not just code, but a lot of UI/UX stuff is ponderously slow going. Keep your fingers crossed.

• I want an NS2 iPhone!

• My NS2 iPhone would be twice as thick so that it could sport all sorts of connections: multiple USB-A & USB-C, audio Mini-Jack for headphones, and down one side a whole bunch of 1/4” Audio Inputs & Outputs to act as a mini sub-mixer.