BUG? Octachron crashes on mixdown now

edited June 2019 in Bug Reports

Octachron is a pretty cool “drum” sequencer AU. Not working in NS2. Hit Play and first step lights up but that’s it. I’ve notified the dev. Works as expected in AUM.

Comments

• edited May 2019

it's same in latest NS2 beta where all MIDIfx issues are fixed, and most important it's same also in BM3 so it looks this is something to fix for Octachron dev.

• @dendy said:
    it's same in latest NS2 beta where all MIDIfx issues are fixed, and most important it's same also in BM3 so it looks this is something to fix for Octachron dev.

B)

• Tried Octachron in stand-alone mode synced to NS2 via Link. It works but Octachron sounds a little behind NS2. Definitely not locked up. Still doesn’t work as AU. I’ve notified the dev. I like this one but it’s gotta work with NS2 for me!

Also, NS2 needs to implement Link start/stop. That would be very useful.

• edited May 2019

@anickt said:
    NS2 needs to implement Link start/stop. That would be very useful.

direct support would be nice, but synced play/stop now works through Audiobus - if Ns is loaded in AB, after you hit master play button in AB NS starts play in sync with other apps

• @dendy said:

@anickt said:
    NS2 needs to implement Link start/stop. That would be very useful.

direct support would be nice, but synced play/stop now works through Audiobus - if Ns is loaded in AB, after you hit master play button in AB NS starts play in sync with other apps

I suppose but I like to streamline things and using AB is just one more app to deal with. ;)
    I hope the dev fixes whatever the issue is and Octachron works properly as AU like Bram Bos apps for instance. They never give me any trouble. B)

• edited June 2019

Recent update to Octachron. Works nicely in NS2 now so far.

• So... this issue is solved. Right?

• edited June 2019

@SlapHappy said:
    So... this issue is solved. Right?

Sorta. It stops starts and syncs to NS2. It doesn’t chase so you have to start from the top if you’re using its Song mode. I’ve gotten some interesting things out of it driving a couple of Ruismakers and Obsidian but it looks like all instances of Octachron crash when doing a mix down... :o
    I’ve contacted the dev.