Sidechaining support for AUv3 plugins

FabFilter has confirmed that their recently released suite of Pro-* plugins has support for sidechaining only if the host implements it. I'd like to know if this feature could come to NS in the near future.

Thanks!

Comments

• I second this.

• This was already discussed internally.

Problem is - it's hard to develop in DAW support of something which is not available yet (to the date there is no single plugin supporting this, including FF stuff - AUv3 versions of their plugins actually don't support it).

FF dev stated, that they will add sidechaining support to AUv3 versions of their plugins after some iOS host will support it. I guess iOS host devs are waiting until some plugin will support it.

Infinite loop :-)
    Somebody needs to break it. :)

• edited June 2019

@dendy said:
    FF dev stated, that they will add sidechaining support to AUv3 versions of their plugins after some iOS host will support it. I guess iOS host devs are waiting until some plugin will support it.

Are you sure you understood that correctly? My understanding is the AU versions do have that feature, but no DAWs are set up yet to take advantage of it.

• Ahh sorry i was wrong .. i found now on AB forum this post:

Unfortunately, it seems there are no hosts on iOS at this point that support sjidechaining. We offer a side chain input to the host, but it seems the implementation of iOS hosts and side chaining is not up-to-par yet...

So yes, it looks it is already ready there, just host needs to support multiple inputs of plugins. Thats good, this should be not too complicated in theory.

• Yes, this feature would be great, please add!