New Digital D1 (audiokit) Auv3 version doesn’t seem to work in NS2

edited July 2019 in Bug Reports

Has anyone been able to get it to work?

Comments

• I haven't tried it yet. What does "doesn't seem to work" mean, exactly?

If there's a stand-alone version, try loading that first (with NS closed out completely). And/or trying refreshing the patch database for D1. https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/AUInstrument.html#au-list

• It doesn’t make any sound in NS2. Just tried it in GarageBand. No sound there either. Must be the synth. Sorry to bother!

• @dandercore said:
    It doesn’t make any sound in NS2. Just tried it in GarageBand. No sound there either. Must be the synth. Sorry to bother!

It does work for me, with a few kinks related to passing CC/pitchbend automation from an external controller which will be fixed in the next update (already submitted to Apple). Have you checked the MIDI channel in D1's settings? It looks like NS2 internal keyboard always sends to channel 1

• I tried changing midi channels in D1. No luck. I think it may have something to do with the fact I’m running iPadOS beta.

• Aah I think that’s it, I saw it being mentioned in the Audiobus forums

• D1 AU version has some bugs... for example automation of parameters doesn't work (in all hosts not just ns) Audiokit team needs squash those bugs... Dev mentioned that there is no era for this fix, it may be days or it may be weeks..

• @dendy said:
    D1 AU version has some bugs... for example automation of parameters doesn't work (in all hosts not just ns) Audiokit team needs squash those bugs... Dev mentioned that there is no era for this fix, it may be days or it may be weeks..

I seems that this specific bug (which is the only one I've ran into) is supposes to be fixed in the upcoming release, which is already waiting for Apple's review. Not sure about iPadOS 13, though.

• I just heard back from the audiokit team. They verified it was an incompatibility with beta iPadOS. They were super cool about it and said it will be fixed shortly.