Spotify playlist with Nanostudio-created tracks

Hello all,
I've created quite a few tracks using Nanostudio (1 and 2) and some of those are available on Spotify. I'm very interested in hearing other people's creations and that lead me to the idea of creating a Spotify playlist with Nanostudio-created tracks only. Does this sound like a good idea? And if yes, please share Nano-created tracks that are available on Spotify here!

Comments

• Interesting idea... never tried upload my tracks to Spotify, it is easy now ?

• I think the easiest way is to use an aggregator service such as https://distrokid.com/

• I’m thinking Mindseye assumes most of us are already distributing our music. I wonder what percentage actually are.

• @NumptyDumppty said:
    I think the easiest way is to use an aggregator service such as https://distrokid.com/

thanks for tip, will check it..

• edited August 2019

Here’s me! I’d love to be part of that playlist!! https://open.spotify.com/artist/62Xn3K7j6QDfoWONWfrQVO?si=EeBlVPlMTW-7xkRYJIpVUQ
    All tunes made in ns1. Soon an ep made w ns2!!

• edited August 2019

Tunecore.co.uk is also another aggregator service used by artidt to get their music on Spotify etc. I've not tried this or didtrokid yet, I just post on Soundcloud.

• I guess I did assume that quite a few of us do have some music on Spotify. I personally mostly use RouteNote for music distrobution, which is pretty straightforward and works well.
    As for the playlist, I'll start creating one. Hopefully we get some more contributions soon!

• @Mindseye, just looked at RouteNote and their free option looks pretty attractive for artists who are unlikely to earn much in royalties each year; which I assume would be the case for most of us.

• I have a couple of EPs on Spotify, this track was mostly done in NS2:

https://open.spotify.com/track/1o9ESNSaXHHvrY4o9wFoej

• Dig these tunes!
    Any chance I could get on that playlist too?

For what it's worth I'm finding Distrokid very easy to use and so far they seem to be paying me in a reasonable amount of time. Bandcamp is still my favorite venue for selling music right now though, definitely more lucrative than streaming services with my small audience. (Shoutout to @dendy for always being a supportive patron)

Here are links to a couple albums I made with NS2 a few months ago:
    Extravehicular Activity and Relative Scales

I've got another NS2 album in the works as well as another project that heavily utilizes NS2 as an audio source inside of GroupTheLoop. Hopefully those projects will be released later this year, but it might be early next year...lots of irons in fires right now.

• Hey guys, thanks for sharing your releases! I've started the playlist here:
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6KmvTeNA7qU2p1uHQ6U7Ie?si=7Lfy3n3ZTKSXbN6TTrS9BA
    Keep those new releases coming!

@NumptyDumppty yes, RouteNote's free option is definitely worth it. I've used it a lot, especially for my earlier releases. Nowadays I am fortunate enough to get a decent amount of monthly plays, and RouteNote is also very on point when it comes to pay outs.

• Just been comparing RouteNote, TuneCore, CD Baby and DistroKid and here is my analysis of costs. Basically if you are generating less that $20US in royalties per year and have more than 1 albums worth of material DistroKid is the most cost effective as it is just a flat fee of $20 per year for unlimited albums and songs, whereas RouteNote and others charge per album. However, RouteNote's free option allows you to upload for free and they will take 15% of any royalties generated. So as I understand it RouteNote is the cheapest option for artists earning less than $20US in royalties per year and DistroKid is cheapest for those earning more. Incidentally, is anyone able to share what the average royalty per play is per track for the last few months so I and others know roughly how many palys it would take to earn $20 in royalties in a year.

• I think this is pretty up to date:
    Napster – $0.019 per play
    Tidal – $0.01284 per play
    Apple Music – $0.00783 per play
    Google Play Music – $0.00676 per play
    Deezer – $0.0064 per play
    Spotify – $0.00437 per play
    Amazon – $0.00402 per play
    Pandora – $0.00133 per play
    YouTube – $0.0.00069

• @Mindseye thanks for that. I knew it was not much per play, but I am amazed at how little it is, especially YouTube.

• It gives you a good idea of how many plays you'd need to make $20US in a year.

• hm imnteresting... i have approx 80 plays/week on Soundcloud.. witch means on Spotify i can theoretically earn around 18$/year :lol: So RouteNote is probably best way for me

• I average about 8 plays per week over the past 12 months so that's about $1:80 per year if I was on Spotify 😂

• @NumptyDumppty Yep it's pretty bad generally. I've had tracks on Spotify and other streaming services for a number of years now and recently plays have started to increase quite nicely but it took a lot of active promoting from my side. I now very roughly make about $20-50 USD per month.

• You rich music stars with your private jets, mansions, yachts and fancy cars disgust me! :p

• edited August 2019

@Mindseye
    I now very roughly make about $20-50 USD per month.

So, you're basically superstar :-))

• Haha thanks guys! Yeah I'm living pretty large nowadays... Off to feed the pet tiger now, before I take my daily champagne bath...

• @Mindseye said:
    Off to feed the pet tiger now, before I take my daily champagne bath...

:)))))

• edited August 2019

@Mindseye said:
    @NumptyDumppty Yep it's pretty bad generally. I've had tracks on Spotify and other streaming services for a number of years now and recently plays have started to increase quite nicely but it took a lot of active promoting from my side. I now very roughly make about $20-50 USD per month.

That’s pretty good mate. At least it covers your costs, and then some 🙂
    My niece (who’s a rapper) just released his debut. He managed to get the biggest rapper in Sweden right now to collaborate on that tune and after two weeks he now have over two million streams on Spotify...
    Btw thanks for the add on the list. 😃

• @Mindseye said:
    I think this is pretty up to date:
    Napster – $0.019 per play
    Tidal – $0.01284 per play
    Apple Music – $0.00783 per play
    Google Play Music – $0.00676 per play
    Deezer – $0.0064 per play
    Spotify – $0.00437 per play
    Amazon – $0.00402 per play
    Pandora – $0.00133 per play
    YouTube – $0.0.00069

@Mindseye Just for clarification, are those numbers ‘official’ numbers with a source from those companies? Or is this the average per play specifically for your music? I also notice that the bigger the company, the less they pay. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

• @Jeppan74 You're welcome! Wow man that's awesome for your niece. I find those stories quite inspiring always. There definitely are possibilities even as an independent artist to make it 'big' on streaming services. But of course there is a bit of luck involved as well...

• @SlapHappy Those are the most up-to-date official numbers I could find online. But yes, the most popular streaming services have been the ones that pay least for a while now...

• @Mindseye said:
    @SlapHappy Those are the most up-to-date official numbers I could find online. But yes, the most popular streaming services have been the ones that pay least for a while now...

Thanks for that clarification. So looks like 10,000 streams on Spotify is $43. I’ll need 20,000 streams to pay for a tank of gas or 25,000 streams to cover my iPhone bill for a month.

• edited August 2019

25,000 streams to cover my iPhone bill for a month.

wtf :open_mouth: You are abusing that poor phone a LOT ! My average monthly phone bill is around 15€ :lol: My wife would kill me for 100€ bill. Literally, with spoon, you know :lol:

• edited August 2019

That sounds like a nice situation.
    There is no abuse - I rarely call anyone. That’s base monthly charges ($115 mo). There are a lot of things that are artificially expensive here, especially in sunny So Cal. There are cheaper companies, but I stick with the expensive one because I can actually get a signal with their service at my house. Not so with the other cheaper services. I don’t know why I bother. With all the robo-calls I receive I never answer the phone. The thing is useless to me as a phone. I would cancel cell service entirely and save my money but my wife would be right cross with me if she couldn’t text her every thought to me. So my iPhone is a high-tech harassment tool used by evil companies, scamming con-men, and my precious wife to make sure I find no peace, anywhere.