Obsidian needs a dedicated arpeggiator.

That is all.

Staque

Comments

• @ForeverTangent said:

That is all.

Staque

I’ve found Rozeta AUv3 to be quite good with Obsidian.

• @ForeverTangent said:

+1 on Rozeta. I tried Ioniarics and it doesn't seem to work as a standard up/down arp, or play all the notes, for some reason, but it's worth keeping an eye on if the dev can fix these. It looks like it should do these, but didn't for me.

• edited October 2019

I used to feel the same way about having an Obsidian-native arpeggiator. Now I think I'd rather have the ability to bring up MIDI AUs as a new tab directly on Obsidian's PERFORM screen. They'd work like audio inserts so the OBS keyboard's output would be sent to the MIDI AU(s) and the MIDI AU's output would be sent to the synth engine.

Same for Slate to do things like load a MIDI drum machine AU, etc.

Can all be done now so not a big deal but having it all inline within the instrument UIs would be dreamy for me.

• @Stiksi said:

@ForeverTangent said:

That is all.

Staque

I’ve found Rozeta AUv3 to be quite good with Obsidian.

Wowww, this app is GOLD.

• Most definitely!

• @Cinebient said:
    I also would love an own arp inside NS2 as midi FX. So far there is no really good arp in iOS for live playing. I like the one in ThumbJam due to its great performance touch keys but otherwise i really would love like Logic´s intern arp. Great GUI and so versatile and easy to use.

Not familiar with Logic's arp (even though I own logic!). Would you describe what's better for you about it than say Rozeta's Arp?

I also like to use arps as part of a preset. You also can get really great pads, soundscapes and textures with slower envelopes and fast arps. Did i say that i freaking love arps. I like to create 10+ layered arps as polyrhythmic performance patch f.e.

Totally. I know that saving and recalling a mixer channel (which might be a parent channel with several child channels) is on the proverbial TODO list but not sure the priority/possibility. This is a beautiful additional use case.

• @Cinebient Thanks for the breakdown. Got me to googling... Indeed, looks like the ratio between simplicity and power is pretty golden! https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/arp-nouveau Looks like I need to boot up Logic again... :)

• +1

I use FM player 2 for some simple arps but it's more like a compromise than a good solution.
    will take a look at Rozeta, tho ;)

• +1
    I really like the ARP found in JimAudio Groove Box. It works in conjunction with the XY pad for dynamic scale/pattern changes.

It would be a dream come true inside of Obsidian!

Please think about implementing it inside of NS2.
    Thanks in advance.