Life is ... ? (edm/trance tune)

this:

• NS2, Ravenscroft 275, Model D for bass, FAC Transient, Blackhole, rest Obsidians, build-in FXs

Comments

• @dendy what a tune man! Brilliant composition, nice piano melody and that model d bass sounds lovely (I need to get that synth;)) also need to look at that piano as it sound great. I’m not going to lie in here, I did expect some TD-3 in there:DDD Excellent job!

• Thanks :) Btw. just to avoid misunderstanding, i used Model D app not Model D HW :)

I did expect some TD-3

:)))

• @dendy LoL that bloody behringer, I see it everywhere:DDD anyway no need to say that Moog’s model D app is absolutely amazing in terms of sound but it also takes plenty of cpu cycles:( but yes it’s great and model 15 is also awesome, I wish they did Animoog auv3.

• i visited my friend who have Model D from Behringer and to be honest i was surprised how much better sounds HW compared to iOS app... especially with opened filter and high resonance difference was significantly bigger than TD3 vs Pure Acid.. i was shocked - that difference was nut subtle, especially when resonance was 80%+, plugin soumded like ugly distorted aliased crap compared to smooth warm HW

Since then i'm really considering behringer model d purchase :)

• 🤯 Wow! This is really good!!!

• edited December 2019

@dendy said:
    i visited my friend who have Model D from Behringer and to be honest i was surprised how much better sounds HW compared to iOS app... especially with opened filter and high resonance difference was significantly bigger than TD3 vs Pure Acid.. i was shocked - that difference was nut subtle, especially when resonance was 80%+, plugin soumded like ugly distorted aliased crap compared to smooth warm HW

Since then i'm really considering behringer model d purchase :)

You’re not waiting for Para-D?

Oh, and lovely work on the piano line ❤️

that's probably only really good part of that track :-)) i returned to it after few days and i'm really not satisfied, which quite unusual... i don't like bass, it is too strong and pushing everything else to backgroung... and that arpeggio in second part sounds cheap.. why nobody told it to me ?!

hm... maybe i should remix myself :-)))

• I liked it :) but I have only listened a few times, not for hours on end. We tend to be our own worst critics ;)

It builds energy nicely (and gradually) then resolves it at the end, and I like the arps since they too build the energy, but in a melodic way - a bit like a guitar solo might.

• edited December 2019

ok, i revisited mix and now i'm MUCH more satisfied :-)