Remove Pitch Envelope from Obsidian

edited December 2019 in General chat

How do i make every key play the sample at the same pitch on obsidian? Im working on 808 patches and I want the kick drum to play the same pitch across the whole keyboard. I went into the matrix and removed the pitch envelope but it didn’t do anything.

Right now I have my patch set up like this:
One 808 drum sample with long decay that i set up with medium attack to remove the transient. I looped the sustain in the sample editor and matched the pitch to a sine wave so it plays the correct pitch as an endless loop. I set up a second obsidian with just the attack portion of the kick with the sustained part of the sample removed. I set that obsidian as the parent and have the body of the 808 controlling the midi on the obsidian with the transient. I want to have the obsidian with the kick transient only play one pitch across all keys. Is this possible?

Conversely I could use the obsidian with the 808 body to trigger a slate pad and trigger the kick sample there but I cant seem to figure out how to get all obsidian notes to point to one single pad.

Anyone have experience with this?

Comments

• Hi @Nomzai

Open the Obsidian patch you're using (the kick transient), go to Edit, then choose the oscillator (usually Osc 1).

The "KEY TRK" tracks how much you want the note/midi to change the pitch, so turn that all the way down and there you have it - your transient should have play at the original sample pitch (although you can change the pitch a little using the "TUNE" knob).

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Hi @Nomzai

Open the Obsidian patch you're using (the kick transient), go to Edit, then choose the oscillator (usually Osc 1).

The "KEY TRK" tracks how much you want the note/midi to change the pitch, so turn that all the way down and there you have it - your transient should have play at the original sample pitch (although you can change the pitch a little using the "TUNE" knob).

Awesome! Thanks so much.