First contact with Obsidian....

So this is a WIP patch where i imported some multi-layered samples i designed myself.
Here you just hear mainly the "raw" samples which i played some random chords within Obsidian....and so far this is just one osc :)

Comments

• Glad to have you back mate!
    Sounds very nice. Looking forward to hearing your first finished project 😊

• Cool sound design! Can’t wait to see how you’ll develop it further.

• :heart:

which i played some random chords

to me it doesn't sound much random, it sounds actually pretty cool .. :+1:
    love harmonic change around 0:57 .. great atmosphere !

• 1 OSC you say? 😳🤯

• @Stiksi said:
    1 OSC you say? 😳🤯

:) Yes....just the raw samples (24 samples one velocity layer yet) and the amp envelope.
    But i would like to add of course more to it and make a performance patch (so a bit like these good old Alchemy things) which can transform from a pad to soundscape into a pulsing beat maybe....or so.
    I really love the comb-filter (i´m a sucker for comb-filters) on this source and some nice LFO´s madness.
    The raw sample is actually a 3 layer from custom made synth patches of one of my favorite synths (a modular here) where each layer is processed with it´s own FX channel and spatalization.
    It´s better if you play it yourself. Each note (or so far each 3rd) has it own space and gives a nice sense of depth but still a detailed sound. As usual soundcloud sounds like crap here anyway.
    Not sure if the main crowd using NS2 is interested in such sounds since it is way more cinematic than electronic but i think i will try to create some nice patches (of course also pure synthesis with Obsidian), make a demo track and share the package then..... At least NS2 makes that all nice and easy.
    :)

• edited October 31

@Cinebient said:
    Not sure if the main crowd using NS2 is interested in such sounds since it is way more cinematic than electronic but i think i will try to create some nice patches (of course also pure synthesis with Obsidian), make a demo track and share the package then..... At least NS2 makes that all nice and easy.

I can reveal that the more cinematic IAP packs ”Industrial and athmospheric” 1&2 are the best sellers of the bunch. They do sound pretty huge.

• @Cinebient that is an absolute EPIC and for only one osc, also I do agree with dendy as that doesn’t sound much random;) truly masterful, can’t wait to hear more

• edited November 9

@Cinebient said:

@Stiksi said:
    1 OSC you say? 😳🤯

:) Yes....just the raw samples (24 samples one velocity layer yet) and the amp envelope.
    But i would like to add of course more to it and make a performance patch (so a bit like these good old Alchemy things) which can transform from a pad to soundscape into a pulsing beat maybe....or so.
    I really love the comb-filter (i´m a sucker for comb-filters) on this source and some nice LFO´s madness.
    The raw sample is actually a 3 layer from custom made synth patches of one of my favorite synths (a modular here) where each layer is processed with it´s own FX channel and spatalization.
    It´s better if you play it yourself. Each note (or so far each 3rd) has it own space and gives a nice sense of depth but still a detailed sound. As usual soundcloud sounds like crap here anyway.

Plus 1 for “interested”
    Your sound design is quite good

• Good to hear you are still being creative!!! 👍🏻😁

• Thank you! So here are 7 variants of the patch you heard. I love Obsidian. Here again just one OSC always with the same sample source played some random chord again.
    I love how fast and easy you can go from pads to soundscape into polyrhythmic live playable stuff...

• Lovely stuff!