Do you think Moog will release another app?

edited December 2019 in General chat

Model 15 was released in Jan 2016, Model D in (I think March) 2018. Do you think Moog will release another app in 2020? If so, what do you think they would port over or what would you wish to see? Im wondering if they will do another one of their vintage synths or possibly a Sub 37 or maybe a new Animoog. I love all three of their synth apps and I personally hope they do keep releasing new apps. What do you all think?

Comments

• No idea but I hope so. Their apps sound amazing. I hope they have the funds/motivation to do something new (ala Animoog) instead of another digital port of another analog synth.

That said, I'd probably jump on some of their classic modules in AUv3 format.

• @Will said:
    No idea but I hope so. Their apps sound amazing. I hope they have the funds/motivation to do something new (ala Animoog) instead of another digital port of another analog synth.

That said, I'd probably jump on some of their classic modules in AUv3 format.

I would love to see something unique like animoog also but i remember reading somewhere that Animoog was contracted out to a programmer (i think the guy who did Nave or Nlog) and I think thats why it doesnt receive any substantial updates so Hopefully at least they will port one of their hardware synths. I do feel like most of the sounds any port they would make are already covered by Model 15 and Model D though. I think Model 15 is amazing and capable of so many amazing sounds and really can do everything Model D can. Model D is so much easier to use if you don't feel like learning Model 15.

• Yeah, that's sorta what I mean about another Moog virtual analog—it'd have to be something really special to cover territory Model 15 doesn't already beautifully cover.

The original Animoog (and Filtatron) developer was Chris Wolfe (who also made Jasuto). He was employed by Moog at the time. No idea what he's up to now. Geert Bevin (who also did the software side of the Linnstrument) created Model 15, Model D and I think did several Animoog updates. Not sure what he's up to these days but LinkedIn says he's still at Moog so we're free to dream and dream and dream. :)

• An AU3 version of Filtatron would be nice.

• @cianoc said:
    An AU3 version of Filtatron would be nice.

I guess but it doesn’t really do anything Model 15 doesn’t do except take up less processing power. In fact with Model 15 you can dial in 4 filters and the delay as an effect.