Finished my first nanostudio2 song. I put it to my YouTube video of me painting also.

edited January 2020 in Creations

I like to combine my creations

Comments

• edited January 2020

wow, what a great dnb, fresh a dvmodern sounding, and what a nice painting.. you're true multitslent :+1::+1::+1:

Is that all just NS ir you used also some AU plugins ?

• Niceeee!! Good job dude.

• Great track and painting. I enjoyed watching that.

• Ahh thanks guys:)
    I was a real nanostudio 1 enthusiast for 10 yrs. Really didn't want to make the jump but I'm very glad I did. In answer to your question I made it totally in n2 except for the horns. Got my old ipad and thumbjam out for that. Can't beat that old app for those sounds. Shame it doesn't run on the new ones. I was going to export the final into logic but i really wanted to see a pure n2 song

• Nicely done, Stu! Catchy to listen to and mesmerizing to watch. Cheers!

• @sch said:
    Nicely done, Stu! Catchy to listen to and mesmerizing to watch. Cheers!

Thanks man :)

• @stu761 Now that’s a serious level production mate! Very polished and clear mix. Great work! Painting is superb as well really enjoyed watching it and to be honest I didn’t expect to be DnB at all and I love DnB ;) big ups!

• Excellent work there. I love the collection of stuff around the painting in the video as well, it's like a still life in itself except not still...

I love watching these timelapse videos as well. There's something very satisfying about seeing a scene build from nothing.

Keep posting please! I'd love to hear and see more :)

• Wow! Nicely done - track & painting. Excellent idea for a video.
    Glad you made the jump to NS2. Do I understand right? You had problems using Thumbjam...?

• Thanks! :) I couldn't get my thumbjam to work on the new ipad air. Is there an update I'm missing?

• @Cray23 said:
    @stu761 Now that’s a serious level production mate! Very polished and clear mix. Great work! Painting is superb as well really enjoyed watching it and to be honest I didn’t expect to be DnB at all and I love DnB ;) big ups!

Sweet thanks man! looking forward to hearing other people's music! So bored of mainstream stuff

• edited January 2020

@stu761 said:

@Cray23 said:
    @stu761 Now that’s a serious level production mate! Very polished and clear mix. Great work! Painting is superb as well really enjoyed watching it and to be honest I didn’t expect to be DnB at all and I love DnB ;) big ups!

Sweet thanks man! looking forward to hearing other people's music! So bored of mainstream stuff

I duno if this helps anyone but it's my 2 cents on mixing this particular tune.

1. Side chain duck kick and snare suttely against nearly everything.
    2. Try and cut fairly drastically a small hole at about 150 hertz for everything except drums. Duno why but my uni lecturer said it was a bad freq.
  • 2 - not just hole... in general everything except of bass and kick should be hipassed - i use 36 or 48dB HP with zero Q (NS bundled stereo filter( around 150hz ..

• NS2 makes this easy, just select all your tracks except drum and bass and group them, then put the high pass on this new group.

It's also handy to put reverb on this group if you want to keep your drum and bass cleaner but have freedom to mess around with reverb or other effects for the other tracks... Sends are probably better but need more patience that I have when track numbers get high!

• Great work! Both painting and tune =)

• Wow. This was a great treat! Music, video and painting are all fantastic.