FR: quantize loop region change

Would anyone else see a benefit in being able to change the loop region change but wait until the next measure? Right now I can either use the "loop to sel" which doesn't affect the playhead, or double tap a measure in the time ribbon which moves the loop region but also moves the playhead immediately.

It'd be great for an approximation of a live looping setup.

Comments

  • edited February 24

    Yes. This is something I requested long ago. It would be great to have immediate, beat, measure(s), and region quantize options. Number of repeats would be nice too.

    If you could jump between such regions with a midi controller it would be fantastic for live performance. If you could collapse regions then NS2 could be a scene launching powerhouse. With this and the tempo track, you’d could conceivably run a whole set from NS2.

    I’ll be long dead and buried long before that happens, but at least I can die hoping my grandchildren may. 😎

  • I think @dendy was interested in pushing for a Live-like workflow once audio tracks are delivered, so at least we can hold on to that hope :)

  • This one (or something very similar) is definitely noted the backlog. Matt talked about creating something almost exactly like this during the earliest stages of the beta.

  • @Will said:
    This one (or something very similar) is definitely noted the backlog. Matt talked about creating something almost exactly like this during the earliest stages of the beta.

    Cool, thanks for the reply! It’s nice to know that it isn’t as far-fetched as I thought.

  • @jipumarino said:

    @Will said:
    This one (or something very similar) is definitely noted the backlog. Matt talked about creating something almost exactly like this during the earliest stages of the beta.

    Cool, thanks for the reply! It’s nice to know that it isn’t as far-fetched as I thought.

    Well, it might be far fetched implementation wise—I dunno. Just know Matt had talked about making something like it.

  • @Will said:

    @jipumarino said:

    @Will said:
    This one (or something very similar) is definitely noted the backlog. Matt talked about creating something almost exactly like this during the earliest stages of the beta.

    Cool, thanks for the reply! It’s nice to know that it isn’t as far-fetched as I thought.

    Well, it might be far fetched implementation wise—I dunno. Just know Matt had talked about making something like it.

    Oh yeah, it's just when I posted this I thought I would get puzzled reactions or, at best, eye-rolling 😅

  • No, it's definitely along the lines we discussed but as always, time is merciless :(

Sign In or Register to comment.