Automation assistance?

Hey, just want to say that NS2 is a masterpiece. It’s really revolutionized my creative process and gotten me to enjoy making my tracks again on iOS.

I need some help with automating fx in Slate. I’m trying to create a break in my kick beat with a simple high pass filter sweep. I have watched Platinum Audio’s YT tutorials and read the manual and just can’t seem to sort it out. I can see the frequency cutoff knob moving but there is no filter sweeping taking place. This has been my main source of frustration so far. Any pointers?

Comments

• @Anttimela said:
    Hey, just want to say that NS2 is a masterpiece. It’s really revolutionized my creative process and gotten me to enjoy making my tracks again on iOS.

I need some help with automating fx in Slate. I’m trying to create a break in my kick beat with a simple high pass filter sweep. I have watched Platinum Audio’s YT tutorials and read the manual and just can’t seem to sort it out. I can see the frequency cutoff knob moving but there is no filter sweeping taking place. This has been my main source of frustration so far. Any pointers?

Well, you’ve obviously done the research, but a couple easy things come to mind that you can check:
    1. Are you sure you’ve turned the filter on? The power icon should be green.
    2. Is it the right FX bus (is the kick pad assigned to the bus)?
    3. Is the filter in the right mode? An LP6, for instance, might be a bit subtle on a kick.

If you are still having trouble, screenshots or a video could help with troubleshooting!

• The correct pad is assigned to the bus I think. I am in HP6 as you can see. I assume the green dot by the filter cutoff means it’s being automated and I have it moving from 50% up to about 90%. Absolutely zero effect on the kick. I Could just run the finished track thru AUM and use a HPF there but I know it can be done in NS2. There must be an ingredient I am missing.

• @Stiksi
    And here is the screenshot from the main page signifying automation should be applied to the cutoff...

• @Stiksi Hey! My approach was all wrong. I had confused myself between the manual and video tutorial. I believe I had confused part-automation with track automation. Another read thru the manual has solved my issue and it feels relieving. Got my HPF sweep and drew it in exactly how i wanted.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

• @Anttimela said:
    @Stiksi Hey! My approach was all wrong. I had confused myself between the manual and video tutorial. I believe I had confused part-automation with track automation. Another read thru the manual has solved my issue and it feels relieving. Got my HPF sweep and drew it in exactly how i wanted.

Thanks for taking the time to assist.

No problem, I’m happy that got sorted!