FR: individual sends on Slate

Each pad on a Slate should have its own sends. This would allow, for example, sending just the kick drum to a compressor sidechain to duck another instrument without having to send midi from the main Slate to a muted duplicate to act as the sidechain input.

Comments

• I would post a template of my Slate midi to Slate sounds, but Dropbox is refusing to upload the archive file

• edited December 2018

@mashers said:
    Each pad on a Slate should have its own sends. This would allow, for example, sending just the kick drum to a compressor sidechain to duck another instrument without having to send midi from the main Slate to a muted duplicate to act as the sidechain input.

+1

Ideally individual Pads that have samples on them should explode in mixer with their own channels like ableton drum racks, bm3 pads, kontakt and so on..

• @flockz said:

Ideally individual Pads that have samples on them should explode in mixer with their own channels like ableton drum racks, bm3 pads, kontakt and so on..

Interesting. In Reason you have to programme the individual pads to specify which output they should go to and wire something in to that output on the device. I didn’t think of them already being routed that way but only utilised if you expand the channels in the mixer and insert and effect.

• @Fruitbat1919 that would be awesome if you could man! Need a good workaround!

• @mrwilson said:
    @Fruitbat1919 that would be awesome if you could man! Need a good workaround!

I’m presuming you are talking about my template I mentioned?

For some reason I’m just unable to upload and post the template, but it really is quite easy. Later this week I will try to make time to write down instruction with pictures to post here.

I’m also not sure if those great videos have addressed this idea yet? Maybe we could see if (forgot the guys name), could produce a video on this topic?