undo for preset changes

Despite the fact, that Matt did a fantastic job on NS2, there Is something annoying that might need a closer look:

Undo for Preset changes: when you change a PReset, you cannot undo to your previous state. This is really unsatisfying when mangling with a Preset and then completely loose all your work because you've changed the whole thing.

Comments

• I agree. This can be a painful moment!

On the Obsidian Patch page, in the top left is "Recently Modified". Your original patch is likely available there.

A few other "get-my-work-back" things to consider:

• If you haven't made a bunch of other project changes, reloading an autosave might be all you need.
    • If you have made a bunch of changes, and your patch isn't available via Recently Modified, save a new version of your project. Then, load the previous version and copy the old version of your patch via Obsidian -> Patch -> Hamburger Menu -> Copy. Load the new version of your project again and paste the patch back via the same screen/steps.
    • Before you start mangling a patch, copy it as above. This way if your tweaks aren't what you want, you have a quick way to revert it by pasting it back. For what it's worth, this same thing can be done on any Obsidian sub-panel like LFO or Filter or... Copy the panel, mess with it, if it doesn't make you happy, paste the original back. I find myself doing this a lot.
  • The ”recently modified” has been a lifesaver so many times!

• edited December 2018

I haven’t even gotten round to jamming with patches I’ve been making yet so it’s just been forward momentum and I don’t really understand what it is you guys are describing. Are you saying that NS2 autosaves over a patch while you’re tweaking and jamming on it?

• No, quite the opposite. Recently modified is kind of like snapshots, it saves the last state of your patch so if you accidentally switch to another patch without saving, you tap on Recently modified and you’ll find your edited and unsaved patch there.

• @Stiksi said:
    No, quite the opposite. Recently modified is kind of like snapshots, it saves the last state of your patch so if you accidentally switch to another patch without saving, you tap on Recently modified and you’ll find your edited and unsaved patch there.

Nice feature!

• @Will said:
    I agree. This can be a painful moment!

On the Obsidian Patch page, in the top left is "Recently Modified". Your original patch is likely available there.

A few other "get-my-work-back" things to consider:

• If you haven't made a bunch of other project changes, reloading an autosave might be all you need.
    • If you have made a bunch of changes, and your patch isn't available via Recently Modified, save a new version of your project. Then, load the previous version and copy the old version of your patch via Obsidian -> Patch -> Hamburger Menu -> Copy. Load the new version of your project again and paste the patch back via the same screen/steps.
    • Before you start mangling a patch, copy it as above. This way if your tweaks aren't what you want, you have a quick way to revert it by pasting it back. For what it's worth, this same thing can be done on any Obsidian sub-panel like LFO or Filter or... Copy the panel, mess with it, if it doesn't make you happy, paste the original back. I find myself doing this a lot.

Great tips @Will :)