@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I tend to see Cubasis and NS2 as complimentary apps. They work pretty well together.

In this land of low cost iOS apps, I doubt we will ever see an all encompassing super app, unless Apple throw the money and man power at it themselves or the iOS marketplace drastically changes.

Sounds like some “Host Hooligans” going on there =)

Forum hopping are we? Lol

Your comments over there are gold second to mine(If they still exist!) lol

No,I reported all yours and got them deleted lol

But first you archived them to draw upon when you’re in need of wisdom or a witty intelligent comment =) lol

I wonder if anyone would ever call us wise?! Lol

On average ten random people daily climb the mountain and enter my cave...how about you?!? =)

I’m not that way inclined lol

You silly goose you, no I meant does anyone climb the mountain where your cave is said to be in the hopes of getting a glimpse of you or even a golden nugget of your fruit
    bat wisdom?!? =)
    No forget all that let’s just say I doubt anyone will call us wise except for the decision to get NS2 ;)

If we got paid for our nuggets of wisdom....we would be so rich! Lol

Ya we would have at least an extra tenner in our pockets 🤑👻lol

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I tend to see Cubasis and NS2 as complimentary apps. They work pretty well together.

In this land of low cost iOS apps, I doubt we will ever see an all encompassing super app, unless Apple throw the money and man power at it themselves or the iOS marketplace drastically changes.

But first you archived them to draw upon when you’re in need of wisdom or a witty intelligent comment =) lol

On average ten random people daily climb the mountain and enter my cave...how about you?!? =)

You silly goose you, no I meant does anyone climb the mountain where your cave is said to be in the hopes of getting a glimpse of you or even a golden nugget of your fruit
    bat wisdom?!? =)
    No forget all that let’s just say I doubt anyone will call us wise except for the decision to get NS2 ;)

If I didn’t buy so many apps, I would have a new iPad by now lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

bat wisdom?!? =)

That would have been a wise plan there, you could have had the latest and greatest iPad( with no apps installed)
    I hear they make great showpieces When displayed in an antique cabinet😄

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

bat wisdom?!? =)

That would have been a wise plan there, you could have had the latest and greatest iPad( with no apps installed)

I have enough apps not on my iPad due to room to buy one of the new iPads - you know, the ones that don’t work properly with music apps ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

bat wisdom?!? =)

I have enough apps not on my iPad due to room to buy one of the new iPads - you know, the ones that don’t work properly with music apps ;)

There should be a return policy once used and emptied can be returned for a dime a piece😀

• @Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

bat wisdom?!? =)

There should be a return policy once used and emptied can be returned for a dime a piece😀

What’s a dime? :p

• edited December 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

bat wisdom?!? =)

What’s a dime? :p

Sort of like a penny..different colour though :p
    Google “nickel” and then double your search efforts

• edited December 2018

Cubasis has audiotracks, IAA support, and AB3 support, so Cubasis still has a lot of catching up to do.

1. It lacks a proper bussing system.
    2. Lacks sidechain.
    3. Only 5 FX slots (a holdover from the days of the iPad 2).
    4. Still doesn't play nice with quite a few AUs (crashes harder than a stoner).
    5. Shit handling of zooming in on audio tracks (unlike Auria where you can zoom down right to the sample rate).
    6. Shit track automation for everything. (Granted I'm currently stuck using track automation in NS2 to automate internal FX, which I hope Matt can expand to part automation, but at least we have the handy handles which takes away 90% of the frustration. Plus Obsidian can be automated through part automation.)

So, the dinosaur app has the advantage because Micrologue gained an arp section? :lol:

• No seriously, this is about the same as our friend Doug freaking out over some mysterious "game changer" only for it to be a Cubasis update that added a Roli Noize 5D interface when using the AU, of which only 3Ds are available due to the lack of 3D touch in most iPad models, and from which none of the SWAM packs (i.e. the good packs with realistic instruments you'd want to use) can be used due to RAM limitations. Yep, a real "game changer" and "advantage". :lol:

(Or, the hilarious synonym somebody coined in the AB forums, "paradigm shift".)

• People are weird. So Defensive about things, as if negative opinion changes anything or adds/removes features and defending it protects their objects from impending doom. Ns2 has catching up to do hell yeah. Cubasis has catching up to do hell yeah. Only someone producing music in a cupboard for the past 5 years would get butthurt over either of those statements. Facts...

• edited December 2018

@flockz said:
    People are weird. So Defensive about things, as if negative opinion changes anything or adds/removes features and defending it protects their objects from impending doom. Ns2 has catching up to do hell yeah. Cubasis has catching up to do hell yeah. Only someone producing music in a cupboard for the past 5 years would get butthurt over either of those statements. Facts...

I know that one guy on page one got "butthurt" about possible "trolling". I'm more of a smart-arsed pisstaker myself and don't take things too seriously, hence the ":lol:" and ":smirk:" faces I pop in the posts I'm not being all that serious in (in addition to the lack of exclamation points), just in case the context was a bit too subtle for the non-British sort. :lol:

• @flockz said:
    People are weird. So Defensive about things, as if negative opinion changes anything or adds/removes features and defending it protects their objects from impending doom. Ns2 has catching up to do hell yeah. Cubasis has catching up to do hell yeah. Only someone producing music in a cupboard for the past 5 years would get butthurt over either of those statements. Facts...

Agreed. Every app has catching up to do to become the utopia that will never exist. So why call one out to say its got catching up to do. It’s not about butthurt on negativity, it’s about a sweeping statement like got some catching up to do. It comes off as an over arching phrase of negativity. I personally don’t care for that. I’ve got my own threads of things I don’t like here, but I’m not saying stuff like that. It’s not productive and it slights the product as a whole without any substance...all because of an arp.

Lame.

• @drez said:

@flockz said:

Agreed. Every app has catching up to do to become the utopia that will never exist. So why call one out to say its got catching up to do. It’s not about butthurt on negativity, it’s about a sweeping statement like got some catching up to do. It comes off as an over arching phrase of negativity. I personally don’t care for that. I’ve got my own threads of things I don’t like here, but I’m not saying stuff like that. It’s not productive and it slights the product as a whole without any substance...all because of an arp.

Lame.

None of it really matters though, I mean who actually cares about or is influenced by the way that some random guy words something trivial on a tiny forum?

And It’s an ns2 forum so for someone to come here to single out ns2 (as opposed to talking about other daws) as having some catching up to do isn’t exactly a scandal...

• So was it just a one post PSA and nobody is supposed to respond? Just an FYI? I don’t think it’s a scandal either, but they started a thread, so here we are...threadin.

• edited December 2018

Po.

Closing this as pointless. If you think this is a bad idea, feel free to message me directly.

• edited December 2018

I downloaded Cubasis 2 again for the first time in, maybe 4 years?

I would like to make use of it somehow. I have to say though, home team prejudice aside, I just can't spend a lot of time in it. I really think it just comes down to workflow. I feel the weight of desktop daw code floating around somehow.

I don't know. Been a Steinberg user since the late 90's (even with the ORIGINAL Cubasis) and have said consistently that I wanted to believe in it.

At any rate, more interested in how @Fruitbat1919 manages to get NS2 and Cubasis to work as a team. Exporting audio tracks from NS2 into Cubasis, I presume?

I was hoping to get some AU synergy going but either I'm a numbskull or it's just not possible (read online that Cubase can be used as an AU, but so far no dice with NS2).

This discussion has been closed.