Feature Request (or education if already extant :): AU FX list in alphabetical order....

I am a tart for AU FX and have pretty much all so far published, to the point where adding them takes some scrolling (and paying attention!). There is an a-to-z on the right hand side, but the list itself appears random....any insight very welcome etc. Thanks.

Comments

• I haven't noticed this but, not being near an iOS device, my guess is that this is down to the "AU name" vs "AU maker name" that, good intentions on Apple's part be damned, plagues these sorts of AU listings.

Presuming this is what you're seeing, and that's not a safe presumption, it probably makes sense for NS to do something like AUM: offer a way to choose between either as the 'alphabetical' basis.

• edited December 2018

@Will
    my guess is that this is down to the "AU name" vs "AU maker name" t

no it looks really that some more weird apple logic is behind this :-) Some plugins are sorted correctly, but for example Audio Damage Grind is listed before Audio Damage ADverb2 which doesn't make sense in any way

• @dendy said:

@Will
    my guess is that this is down to the "AU name" vs "AU maker name" t

no it looks really that some more weird apple logic is behind this :-) Some plugins are sorted correctly, but for example Audio Damage Grind is listed before Audio Damage ADverb2 which doesn't make sense in any way

Just one of those small house-keeping affairs that's going to increase in size over time (of course) and is probably worth looking at as AU is avowedly the game here etc. Agree that AUM with company/name/last used has something going in this regard....

• Checking this out now, my list appears to be grouped by company but
    a) the company name isn't displayed
    b) the plugins within a group aren't in alpha order (my Audio Damage group is EOS, FuzzPlus, DubStation, Discord, RoughRider, Replicant)
    c) they groups are not quite ordered alphabetically by company either. Audio Damage items are the first in the list but ApeSoft items appear at the end!

Looking in AUM, when I first loaded the AU effects list which was set to order by company, it was also wonky. It was kind of ordered by company but there were, for instance, two separate sets of Audio Damage INC plugins. Tapping the sort icon again and selecting company again (though already selected), it corrects itself.

In addition to sorting out what's up with the current ordering, think the NS list could 1) use a "sort by AU name" feature and 2) include the company name below the plugin name (similar to the way the AU Instrument list works).

• Yes I noticed this myself the other day and have made a note to investigate. The intention was that they should be alphabetically ordered, I've just screwed something up. My guess was that AUs which have been installed later were being added to the end of the list rather than inserted at the correct place, but it's only a guess. I'm sure it's easily fixed.