Multiple sample import?

Is there a way to import multiple samples into obsidian all in one go? I’m aware of auto mapping, but what I want to do is select multiple samples and automatically create multiple layers. Any ideas cheers.

Comments

• only automapping .. there is no other way how Obsidian should know what zones you want to create (which settings, start, end note, root note), that's why it needs root note at the end of filename ...

• Ok, thought as much. Not to worry. Just lots of dragging over and mapping to do then. Was hoping to like plop multiple files at once and then do the mapping, just to speed things up a little.

• edited January 2019

yeah, i understand .. in my experience obviously faster way than to set root notes and ranges of zones manually is simply copy samples to other folder (if you don't want to rename originals), add root note suffix to their names (rename is accessible in file manager directly with that "Aa" icon, you don need open hamburger menu, so it's fast operation), and then use automap and eventually fine tune ranges if needed

for example if you want short "single note" zones, like replacement for Slate pads, there is easy trick - pepare some empty sample (or use any random sample) and use it for first and last file name then use rest of real samples, set with proper note names.. like:

mysample B1.wav <<< use any ranom sample for this one

now, rest notes are sounds you want map to particular keys:
    mysample C2.wav
    mysample C#2.wav
    mysample D2.wav
    mysample D#2.wav

and at the end, add again empty or any random sample with works just as "filler" for rest of keys range
    mysample E2.wav <<< use blank empty sample

After automap you just delete first and last zone :)

• Ok that’s a good tip. Thanks. @dendy

• I'd use this as well. "I know these don't have the correct name suffix—just spread them out across the keys alphabetically (or however you see fit) for me please" would be a really long menu option but we can work on it. ;)

• edited January 2019

As the others have said, naming them according to the convention beforehand and then using the automap function is the quickest way to get multiple samples mapped right now. Also remember that you can import a zip file containing multiple samples and the app will unzip them for you - the zip file may contain a folder structure which will be preserved when unzipping.

Also, there are some tools available for applying the same loop mode, crossfade, play direction etc. to all sample zones in a single operation. See the last paragraph of this section:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Obsidian.html#the-sample-oscillator