send program change / LSB+MSB to MIDI hardware

Hi

I really like NS2 so far, especially that it integrates with MIDI hardware quite easily and that it supports not only MDI CC, but also NPRN messages. However, it seems like a strange omission to not include program change and bank select messages to be sent to external hardware. I have a couple of hardware synths that I want to control from NS2 but currently I have to maintain notes which synth was set to which patch, which is not convenient. It also doesn’t allow to have multiple patches play in the same song (at different times). Are there plans to incorporate this in the future?

Comments

• Yes, for sure this is on todo list cause it's obviously important for integration with hardware (and also another important thing is on list - midi clock / mmc, just in case you would ask ;) .. but no ETA at the moment ...

• @SLCB said:
    It also doesn’t allow to have multiple patches play in the same song

Did you try using multiple MIDI channels?

• edited February 2019

@SlapHappy said:

@SLCB said:
    It also doesn’t allow to have multiple patches play in the same song

Did you try using multiple MIDI channels?

This works with multitimbral synths, i think this was mentioned for case when you have monotimbral synth and you want to use different patches in song - first one, then another, etc ....

• That’s not mentioned in the OP.
    Monotimbral. With USB MIDI. Huh.