feature request - loop player and choking

2 things I would love to see in the future are a grid based beat synced loop player instrument with time stretching, could be as simple as a basic trigger with loop on and off for the specific loops but if it could have more advanced functionality like fox per sample, pitch, envelope, etc it would be cool-also would really like a choke function on slate. Both of these would make ns2 amazing for live play, especially if the loop player had note mappings so you could plug it into a bad controller or keyboard.

Comments

  • Slate already does choking: in the Pad controls for the sample set the group to something other than Global and then set the polyphony to 1, then do the same for other pads which need to choke that sound. It's just like a regular choke group but more flexible.

  • This is what I mean:

  • Crap I never realized that, somehow never paid attention to the polyphony in there, thanks will be using this a bunch

  • There are also envelope, pitch, loop, volume, and velocity controls per pad.
    You can only have 4 fx buses per Slate instance, but you can have a ridiculous number of Slate instances per project.

  • @3sleeves said:
    There are also envelope, pitch, loop, volume, and velocity controls per pad.
    You can only have 4 fx buses per Slate instance, but you can have a ridiculous number of Slate instances per project.

    Feel like Matt should add this to the feature list. Like:

    Max number of Slate pads: 32
    Max number of Slate instances: Ridiculous

  • Its pretty cool how you can pile things into a single Slate then if you want to separate it up, just save the kit, load it on a new slate track, drag over the midi and nuke the pads you don't want. Then tossing it into a new group track with different fx etc. The re-order/re-arrangey of things is rather smooth and quick.

  • edited February 27

    @Audiogus you can aldo copy paste pads directly between two Slates.. if you use instrument navigator in top bar for switching, this is super fast method for moving just few pads to other Slate...

  • @Will it’s a fitting technical specification😄

  • @dendy said:
    @Audiogus you can aldo copy paste pads directly between two Slates.. if you use instrument navigator in top bar for switching, this is super fast method for moving just few pads to other Slate...

    You can also just copy and paste the entire kit from that same menu (skipping the save/load thing).

  • @Will said:

    @dendy said:
    @Audiogus you can aldo copy paste pads directly between two Slates.. if you use instrument navigator in top bar for switching, this is super fast method for moving just few pads to other Slate...

    You can also just copy and paste the entire kit from that same menu (skipping the save/load thing).

    Gah, now I'm suddenly all wanty. Again. :) Would be sweet if we could copy all pads associated with a Slate bus (along with the bus settings).

  • @Will said:

    @dendy said:
    @Audiogus you can aldo copy paste pads directly between two Slates.. if you use instrument navigator in top bar for switching, this is super fast method for moving just few pads to other Slate...

    You can also just copy and paste the entire kit from that same menu (skipping the save/load thing).

    MMmm! yah I have been copying pads but did not think to do kits, very cool. just found the sample drag and drop too, that helps.

  • @Audiogus did you noticed also when you drag sample on pad where is already some sample, drag area splits to 2 parts - so you can drag directly to second layer, and then to third layer if you drag again another sample on same pad ? I love that feature !

  • @dendy said:
    @Audiogus did you noticed also when you drag sample on pad where is already some sample, drag area splits to 2 parts - so you can drag directly to second layer, and then to third layer if you drag again another sample on same pad ? I love that feature !

    Oooh I need to check that one out!

  • @Audiogus said:

    @Will said:

    @dendy said:
    @Audiogus you can aldo copy paste pads directly between two Slates.. if you use instrument navigator in top bar for switching, this is super fast method for moving just few pads to other Slate...

    You can also just copy and paste the entire kit from that same menu (skipping the save/load thing).

    MMmm! yah I have been copying pads but did not think to do kits, very cool. just found the sample drag and drop too, that helps.

    I'll admit it's sloppy/lazy of me but sometimes if I only want to route a few of the drums separately or whatever I copy the whole kit and just ignore the sounds/pads I'm not using. Not really taking up resources by sitting there, thank you matt.

  • Not really taking up resources by sitting there, thank you matt.

    Except of memory ;) But i'm doing same :-))

  • @dendy said:
    @Audiogus did you noticed also when you drag sample on pad where is already some sample, drag area splits to 2 parts - so you can drag directly to second layer, and then to third layer if you drag again another sample on same pad ? I love that feature !

    Very cool!

Sign In or Register to comment.