Obsidian User Patches Megathread

edited May 2019 in Creations

Share here your own patches, for other users.

They can learn from you, or just build nice track thanks to your work.

Comments

• Awesome... I’m on it!

• edited December 2018

To import or export Obsidian patches, use the bank list's MANAGE mode:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/Obsidian.html#bank-list

• Here’s a simple Christmas sound made by sampling a sound I’ve made in Digital D1. It’s just a single sample with some added Sine and filtering etc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t1cs4b0jeoru9x/Jingle ma Bells.zip?dl=0

• Here's a patch I did a while ago that didn't measure up to be included in the Factory Patches. Maybe you guys can tweak it to make it better and share it back here. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk3w3ccxk9d3i1x/Electromagnetic Forcefield.zip?dl=0

• edited December 2018

Although I started with your patch and almost swear to God I’ll only modify it to be recognizable, I kinda distracted and ended up with nothing that comes close. Yep. You guessed it. An Orchestra hit...
    What do you mean you didn’t?...
    Anyway, the whole process taught me that the drive parameter in the filter, I never crossed before as far as I remember in any softsynth, gives a beutiful natural characteristic to the sound, along with the noise of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmdfau8ojvnkk3n/ Orchestra hit 4.zip?dl=0

Oh, and I managed to make my first velocity layering ever.

• Man I don’t see me making a patch for a long while. Especially with the XY pad and LFOs and such. Love this community and this app. Hot damn 🖖🏻🖖🏻🖖🏻

• Anyone else having issues with the native iOS Files app on iPad not showing any of the folders and then freezing up? I’ve tried various other file manager apps and can’t seem to access the same files.
    How do you guys avoid using a desktop/laptop to get your presets out of the NS2 folder?

• edited December 2018

@3sleeves said:
    Anyone else having issues with the native iOS Files app on iPad not showing any of the folders and then freezing up? I’ve tried various other file manager apps and can’t seem to access the same files.

never had any issue with Files app.. uding dragndrop of files and directories between apps a lot

How do you guys avoid using a desktop/laptop to get your presets out of the NS2 folder?

Files app :-) or dropbox.

check this article, here is everything abou NS2 sharing / integrstion podibilities

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/nanostudio2/user-manual/IntegrationAndSharing.html

• edited December 2018

Thanks @Dendy I completely forgot about the Manage tab in NS2...chalking it up to lack of sleep🤤.

I found that the Files app acts very buggy if DropBox and Drive aren’t also opened and logged in, sometimes it doesn’t show the folders or files so it’s essentially useless for moving things at that point. A hard reset would occasionally resolve the issue, but only if I avoided DropBox or Drive in the Files app. Having them all open at the same time seems to work consistently though.

All that aside, here’s a preset inspired by the Karate patch and sounds you might hear in a VHS era Kung Fu flick...calling this one highKARATE (got a certain funk about it):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2iogtzo1xck278/highKARATE.zip?dl=0

The last 3 knobs in the Perform tab were intended to emulate the audio glitches from VCR tracking settings. This is a good one for some chilled lo-fi vibes. ✌️😎

• Is there right now a way to manage i.e. to star and favorite your most loved patches and put them into a favorite folder or something like this? Way too much presets to keep and overview, and more to come (having hopes for this cool thread ;))

• edited December 2018

@david_2019 said:
    Is there right now a way to manage i.e. to star and favorite your most loved patches and put them into a favorite folder or something like this?

So far I think no. I tried to create a folder and put a patch inside using “folders” but NS couldn’t bother less.

@3sleeves said:
    All that aside, here’s a preset inspired by the Karate patch and sounds you might hear in a VHS era Kung Fu flick...calling this one highKARATE (got a certain funk about it):

If Bruce Lee and Akira Kurosawa were alive would be proud...
    One of them at least... Not sure who...

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Here’s a simple Christmas sound made by sampling a sound I’ve made in Digital D1. It’s just a single sample with some added Sine and filtering etc

Cool! It has a Korg M1 feeling.

And compared to the songs thread, this could be renamed minithread I believe.

• @Zupi said:

@david_2019 said:
    Is there right now a way to manage i.e. to star and favorite your most loved patches and put them into a favorite folder or something like this?

So far I think no. I tried to create a folder and put a patch inside using “folders” but NS couldn’t bother less.

@3sleeves said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Here’s a simple Christmas sound made by sampling a sound I’ve made in Digital D1. It’s just a single sample with some added Sine and filtering etc

Give us time - will be more to come.

I once started doing a ‘SoundFest’ on the AudioBus forums, where we chose a synth and then made lots of sounds for it. Eventually enough of us here are bound to get together and make a pack up for Obsidian :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zupi said:

@david_2019 said:

@3sleeves said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I once started doing a ‘SoundFest’ on the AudioBus forums, where we chose a synth and then made lots of sounds for it. Eventually enough of us here are bound to get together and make a pack up for Obsidian :)

I think you are right. This is probably inevitable. I tried to get interest for this on the old NS1 forum, but by then most users had dropped off using that forum and the idea never went anywhere. It could be a really good opportunity to learn from each other.

I'd be into doing that here on this forum. On Other forums the effort could be lost in a sea of threads. So if you are thinking of something for this forum, sounds fun. I think people might need some time over the holidays to get to grips with NS2 before we start such a project - just a thought.

• @SlapHappy said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Zupi said:

@david_2019 said:

@3sleeves said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

I think you are right. This is probably inevitable. I tried to get interest for this on the old NS1 forum, but by then most users had dropped off using that forum and the idea never went anywhere. It could be a really good opportunity to learn from each other.

I'd be into doing that here on this forum. On Other forums the effort could be lost in a sea of threads. So if you are thinking of something for this forum, sounds fun. I think people might need some time over the holidays to get to grips with NS2 before we start such a project - just a thought.

Yep it’s way too early yet for most of us (and the wrong time of year for many). It will happen at some point I’m sure. I wouldn’t suggest it on another forum as it’s different to doing a stand alone AU app that works in AudioBus :)

• @Zupi said:

The respect of either would be an honor, but Samo Hung or Jackie Chan would mean the world to me 😎 I grew up with the Saturday Morning Kung Fu Theatre flicks

@Fruitbat1919 @SlapHappy
    Yes, this thread is destined to be Mega!
    I’ll definitely be trying to contribute regularly after the holidays are done here.
    One question, is it cool to share Slate kits here too, at least until the snowball starts making its way down the mountain?

• Here’s a simple patch inspired by the often sampled intro of Return From The Ashes by John Dankworth and his Orchestra:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mahsn553i8e4zhk/dankWORTH.zip?dl=0

The knobs on the Perform tab can help things get wobbly and spaced out😎

• Well, until a Slate Kit Megathread is warranted here’s a solid boom bap kit:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlc1n43l8z6ymx3/3sleeves_boomBAP.zip?dl=0

It’s got some factory sounds and a few from my personal stash.
    There are essentially 2 basic kits with groups of hats, shakers, and tambourines...and some special sauce in the top 4 pads so you can jam out with just this kit to get a session started.

Hope somebody else finds this kit handy.

• Here’s a couple of variations I’ve done from the factory preset Born Leader

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz8zkyi0xhskxmt/Born Leader Vari fb + 1 more.zip?dl=0

• @3sleeves said:
    Well, until a Slate Kit Megathread is warranted here’s a solid boom bap kit:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlc1n43l8z6ymx3/3sleeves_boomBAP.zip?dl=0

It’s got some factory sounds and a few from my personal stash.
    There are essentially 2 basic kits with groups of hats, shakers, and tambourines...and some special sauce in the top 4 pads so you can jam out with just this kit to get a session started.

Hope somebody else finds this kit handy.

Cheers

Just to let you know the kicks are missing from the kit

• edited December 2018

@LeeB Thanks for the heads up...just realized none of the factory sounds got packed in the zip file.
    Can you confirm, are pads 1 and 5 missing, or the two “bassdrum_010” that should be on pads 13 and 14?
    Pads 1 and 5 were supposed to be “Kik deep 3” from Factory kit Deep In... @StevePAL am I doing something I’m not supposed to?
    It appears that including drums not found in the Single folder causes an issue, is this a bug or am I stealing? (now hearing you wouldn’t download a car, would you? in the back of my head)

• @3sleeves said:
    @LeeB Thanks for the heads up...just realized none of the factory sounds got packed in the zip file.
    Can you confirm, are pads 1 and 5 missing, or the two “bassdrum_010” that should be on pads 13 and 14?

No probs

Yes, it’s the 1 and 5. 13 and 14 are fine.

• @LeeB Thanks!
    They can be found in Instruments/Slate/Factory/Deep In/Kik deep 3.

• @3sleeves said:
    @LeeB Thanks!
    They can be found in Instruments/Slate/Factory/Deep In/Kik deep 3.

Cheers 👍🏼

• This was my pathetic try for the “Match this sound in Obsidian” (an idea for a more catchy name should be “Match the patch” heh?) but was by far too little too late. Originally called “Cheap crystal” but renamed accordingly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qppmxgn455j7s1u/Epic fail.zip?dl=0

• edited December 2018

I got about 12 I need to upload today

EDIT:

Obsidian Presets:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jlcgsg50x2j928p/AAAkKITZ4GTw7k0__mLc_I7ga?dl=0

Drum Kits:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cz5i56tr4zbdomb/AADbERVSDGYj_akmcbPxitC8a?dl=0

One of the drum kits (2) I’m still working on.

nkdvkng Patches lmk if it works everyone

• @nkdvkng Daaaannnng, you been busy man!!!
    Just downloaded these, gonna give them a whirl tonight!

• Thanks my dude. I forced myself to make a good hour or two block yesterday of sound designing. While watching @StevePAL videos I got some ideas cooking. Also felt the need to share with everyone maybe there’s stuff in there that works beyond trap ideas etc.

@3sleeves said:
    @nkdvkng Daaaannnng, you been busy man!!!
    Just downloaded these, gonna give them a whirl tonight!

• edited December 2018

Great work “nkdvkng” or whatever your name is! It was about the time for this thread to become mega... or to get there at least. ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3z2hjn7v9a1hn6p/Dirty game.zip?dl=0

This discussion has been closed.