Obsidian - User Wavetables?

What an absolutely fantastic synth! ...and I've just barely scratched the surface.

(so, not to look a gifthorse in the mouth or anyting... but...)
simply wondering: has there been any mention of user wavetables in the offing? The ones it comes with are wonderful, don't get me wrong. It would be very exciting to be able to create wavetables from samples or at the very least from wavetable software like Waveedit or Audioterm.

Comments

• It’s been discussed but there is no solid plan that has been revealed. Priorities are: iPhone (iPad Pro optimization), Audio Tracks, and something I’m forgetting. After that... I’m betting there will be lots of fun things.

• Aha, thanks. I was just curious more than anything.

There's definitely more than enough to work with as it is. I work with several other wavetable synths with which wavetable import is crucial - but those don't have such a wide array of oscillator types, so this is really a different beast altogether.

• @palm yeah that would be dedinitely great feature.. I would like such possibility a much :-) So maybe one day.

• edited December 2018

It's not the same but you can create a "wavetable" as a regular sample file and then automate the sample start and loop length parameters. You can find those in the Mod Matrix.

I can't recall which off the top of my head but note that when you assign one (or the other?) to a macro you'll want to assign it with an "amount" value of "-100".

• That actually sounds like a fun challenge. That one goes on the ever lengthening list of things to explore in NS2.

• @Will said:
    It's not the same but you can create a "wavetable" as a regular sample file and then automate the sample start and loop length parameters. You can find those in the Mod Matrix.

I can't recall which off the top of my head but note that when you assign one (or the other?) to a macro you'll want to assign it with an "amount" value of "-100".

nice, thanks for the tip!

• edited December 2018

@palm

but if you modulate sample start, be sure that you set some small attack time for Amp envelope (let's say 10 ms - but now i remember it is there probably by default in init patch) to avoid "clicks" when you set sample position at place where it doesn't start with zero value

• @SlapHappy said:
    It’s been discussed but there is no solid plan that has been revealed. Priorities are: iPhone (iPad Pro optimization), Audio Tracks, and something I’m forgetting. After that... I’m betting there will be lots of fun things.

Convolution reverb IAP

• @Stiksi Thanks!!! I supose that me forgetting that shows just how much I overlook FX. 🙁

• @Stiksi said:
    Convolution reverb IAP

so stoked for this one!!!