50% SALE !!!

I've decided that it would be a good idea to have a sale to coincide with the introduction of the universal update and help spread the word that NS2 is now available on iPhone and iPod in addition to iPad and iPad Pro.

For those who paid the full price for the app I apologize, I have to use such tricks and games. I bought a pie the other day and not one second later the shop lady put a yellow discount sticker on the remaining ones. Gutted. I'm now checking the pie shelf every hour, no way that's happening again!

However, all IAP is on sale too so maybe there's still a bargain to be had if you've had your eye on one or two.

Love and peace

Matt

Comments

• Hoopla! Congrats on & thanks for the update, Matt & beta testers.

• I for one don't mind that I paid more. Whatever you gotta do to keep the lights on and make development of NS2 worth it for you is cool with me.

Hope the sale brings lots of new users to keep NS2 development going strong!

• Great idea, let's shop :)

• I've already easily got my money's worth at full price, so no disappointment here! Hope you get the sales to justify ongoing development.

Bring on the IAP to keep the cashflow going, I say. That might be audio tracks (yes please!) but might also be internal midi modifiers, for example, which may be quick to develop if they don't have to be a full AU... Or a live-play UI, even if simple. Or IAP for "more" something, like more polyphony, more LFOs in Obsidian.

Anyway, all the best navigating the warped world of marketing :grimace:

I was playing with an alternative today, after many months of not opening it because it always used to crash, and guess what it did....? I appreciate the stability and efficiency of NS2 as well as the flexibility and sound quality it can create. It's still my favourite DAW on any platform for these reasons (and because I prefer the touch UI and portability over my PC DAW). So I'm sticking with NS2, but then I'm not really paying for part of that pie you mentioned if I don't send a dollar a month your way...

Wish I had the answers! What do others think?

• Congrats Matt! Hope Apple feature NanoStudio sometime. It seems strange to hear Nano tracks coming out of my phone now.

• edited October 20

what is the difference between Acoustic Pack 1 and 2 ... the description is almost the same... is there a patch list anywere?

• @tobi77 said:
    what is the difference between Acoustic Pack 1 and 2 ... the description is almost the same... is there a patch list anywere?

here list of patch names:

https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/community/index.php?p=/discussion/459/iap-packs-patch-names

• @tobi77 said:
    what is the difference between Acoustic Pack 1 and 2 ... the description is almost the same... is there a patch list

Just buy them both and support audio tracks! They’re both great. Trust me I bought all IAP’s at full price with NO regrets! They’re on sale now - BOGO!

• "now checking the pie shelf every hour" - mrs miggins will be so pleased

• @tobi77 - buy them both. You'll get a wider range of options, which helps more with sampled instruments than it does with synthesized ones.

• ...It may be you could make a special price for audio tracks (when released) for those who have paid the full price for the app, it is a strange thing to me that those who have been supporting a project from the beginning are always the same who never have rewards for demonstrated loyalty (the same happened to me with nanostudio 1 and a lot of other iPad apps: I supported all those projects from the beginning and I have never been able to take advantage of the favorable discounts appeared later...
    I think it's better always to wait, but if everyone waited ... )

• @pulseminus said:
    ...It may be you could make a special price for audio tracks (when released) for those who have paid the full price for the app, it is a strange thing to me that those who have been supporting a project from the beginning are always the same who never have rewards for demonstrated loyalty (the same happened to me with nanostudio 1 and a lot of other iPad apps: I supported all those projects from the beginning and I have never been able to take advantage of the favorable discounts appeared later...

Your loyalty already has been rewarded and you’ve been taking advantage of it the whole time.

You’ve gotten the benefit of using NS2 longer when you are an early adopter. No one can take that from you or give it to you. Time allowed it to be true.

Congratulations!

• @drez one needs to have family, kids and in most cases 40yo+ to realize that time Is LOT more valuable than money :-))

• @dendy said:
    @drez one needs to have family, kids and in most cases 40yo+ to realize that time Is LOT more valuable than money :-))

Hey, I have those and they’ve taught me that I have too little of both.

• @pulseminus said:
    ...It may be you could make a special price for audio tracks (when released) for those who have paid the full price for the app, it is a strange thing to me that those who have been supporting a project from the beginning are always the same who never have rewards for demonstrated loyalty (the same happened to me with nanostudio 1 and a lot of other iPad apps: I supported all those projects from the beginning and I have never been able to take advantage of the favorable discounts appeared later...

There’s no mechanism in the App Store to be able to make that a reality in any case.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    I bought a pie the other day and not one second later the shop lady put a yellow discount sticker on the remaining ones. Gutted. I'm now checking the pie shelf every hour, no way that's happening again!

Hi Matt. I think I'm right in believing you're in England? Some helpful advice, if the date on the pie is that day, find the person with the yellow sticker gun and ask nicely for a discount. They usually do it for you.

And thanks for NanoStudio. I've used it since it was first released and, while I am not very prolific, what little music I have created has been in NanoStudio. Nothing else seems to fit my workflow. I was missing out for a while after I lost 32-bit support on my iPhone and my iPad is too old to do anything at all, but I jumped on the iPhone release of NS2 with zero hesitation when I spotted it was out.

• @Blip Interactive said:
    I've decided that it would be a good idea to have a sale to coincide with the introduction of the universal update and help spread the word that NS2 is now available on iPhone and iPod in addition to iPad and iPad Pro.

What are the dates for the sale?

• edited October 30

@optahealth said:

@Blip Interactive said:

Edit, app sale has ended but IAP is 50% off. Go for it while it lasts!

• edited October 30

@Blip Interactive thanks a lot for this! No longer I need to take an iPad to work ;) NS2 Rocks! Can’t wait for audio tracks, ohh god that will be truly all in one but no rush tho I don’t mean to be pushy:D have great day
    Btw. I would pay for iPhone version again without hesitation!;)

• I've decided that it would be a good idea to have a sale to coincide with the introduction of the universal update and help spread the word that NS2 is now available on iPhone and iPod in addition to iPad and iPad Pro.

Just went to the store, guess I missed it all.

• @optahealth said:

Just went to the store, guess I missed it all.

Bugger! :(

• edited November 2

Awesome. I’ve been looking at the Platinum AudioLab portfolio and am hoping for an Orchestral Sounds pack (preferably one with multiple chorale samples).

I’ve been considering refactoring some of the SFZs I have, but PA seems to have a nice Orchestral Ensemble pack already - it’s just not available for NanoStudio, and seems to be a superset of what is in the Acoustic packs (which are great, but lack the instruments I want...)