Nanostudio 2 Songs Megathread

Comments

• @LeeB

we definitely need that "upvote" or "like" icon in top right corner for each post.. i will strongly abuse it on your songs :+1:

• @LeeB said:
    A bit of Deep Minimal House from me

This one took me back to being a kid always at Virgin Megastore in Miami listening to minimal house in the listening stations etc. great escape. Also just the typical Miami vibe period. After party vibes.

• Thx Dendy 😁😁

@dendy said:
    @nkdvkng dope tune !! :+1:

@SlapHappy also good one !

• @dendy said:
    Here one made few months ago during beta .. some kind of old-school german rave inspired by projects like RMB or Raver's Nature which were famous in '90s

Btw that piano is factory preset "One sample piano" :-)

I’m digging it. So much energy and clean mix 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• @LeeB said:
    A bit of Deep Minimal House from me

That sounds really nice and even. Perfectly compressed and eq’d.

• @nkdvkng said:
    I’m digging it. So much energy and clean mix 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

thanks !!

• @kleptolia said:
    Here’s another. Again, my mix needs work.

A great variety of sounds used here mate. Amazed that people are getting stuff done so quickly :)

• @kleptolia said:

just curious, how much obsidian and buildin fxs and which AUs are used ?

• @Cinebient
    @dendy: That rave was a joy to hear. Took me indeed back and sounds really almost too good coming from an iOS app

Hah, glad to hear ! And evil @Blip Interactive rejected it as bundled demo tune, what a satisfaction for me now :mrgreen:

• @dendy said:
    Here one made few months ago during beta .. some kind of old-school german rave inspired by projects like RMB or Raver's Nature which were famous in '90s

Btw that piano is factory preset "One sample piano" :-)

Nice!

You kept that one quiet you old trancemaster ;)

• @3sleeves said:
    Man, these are all solid tracks, you guys are awesome!
    So much talent and variety in this forum, this thread is gonna be fun to watch!

Here’s my first contribution, made with factory and custom presets, no AUv3 plugins, 10 Obsidians and 3 Slates (CPU only hit 31% on 2nd gen iPad Pro😆).

Like it!

I love hearing people make other genres that I don’t make, but have no problems listening to.

Keep em coming

• edited December 2018

@3sleeves said:
    10 Obsidians and 3 Slates (CPU only hit 31% on 2nd gen iPad Pro😆).

i bet if you add 10 more you will be still around 31% :-) Apple CPUs works this way, they are in low power mode and actually starts go "full throttle" only if needed, continously. More you add, more CPU will run...

in reality it affects cpu load meter the way, that whem you are adding more and more obsidians, meter for some time stays still around 30-40%

i guess real power of your device is around 40 obsidians at 40-60% of cpu with medium buffer

try it ;)

• Woah, the bar is high here! Great stuff!

• @dendy said:

@kleptolia said:

just curious, how much obsidian and buildin fxs and which AUs are used ?

No AUs. Used 2 Slate and 9 Obsidian tracks. Used another empty track as an fx bus. (Kind of funny because I saw Matt actually talk about that last night with someone else, calling it overkill. I had already done it in a project, simply because I didn’t know the proper way to mix in the effects. Oh, well.)

I had 1 compressor, 2 limiters, and 1 on my fx bus (trk13), exciter on trk12, compressor on 11, stereo gain and sa on trk9, waveshaper on trk7, Limiter on trk5, compressor on 2, and eq+Limiter on main.

Zero lag, zero shudder, zero audio issues. 😂😂😂

• @LeeB said:

@kleptolia said:

A great variety of sounds used here mate. Amazed that people are getting stuff done so quickly :)

Thanks, man. NS2 lends itself to quick work. I haven’t even scratched the surface of its capabilities, either. I usually like to use a lot of samples. Didn’t use any in the stuff I’ve done, yet.

• Inspiring to hear the variety being produced in a short time without use of AUv3s. Thanks for the video LeeB since it's good to see how others get their results.

• @Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    Inspiring to hear the variety being produced in a short time without use of AUv3s. Thanks for the video LeeB since it's good to see how others get their results.

Yeah, this is what interest me most, to hear what people can do with just Obsidian, buildin FX's, Slate and factory (or IAP) samples.

• @dendy said:

@3sleeves said:
    10 Obsidians and 3 Slates (CPU only hit 31% on 2nd gen iPad Pro😆).

i bet if you add 10 more you will be still around 31% :-) Apple CPUs works this way, they are in low power mode and actually starts go "full throttle" only if needed, continously. More you add, more CPU will run...

in reality it affects cpu load meter the way, that whem you are adding more and more obsidians, meter for some time stays still around 30-40%

i guess real power of your device is around 40 obsidians at 40-60% of cpu with medium buffer

try it ;)

I got a beat for Monday that will convince ppl to buy acoustic pack two lol it has about 20 tracks. 5 slates. The rest obsidians. Fx galore. All in app minus one fuzz plus. CPU at about 17%

• @nkdvkng
    I got a beat for Monday that will convince ppl to buy acoustic pack two lol it has about 20 tracks. 5 slates. The rest obsidians. Fx galore. All in app minus one fuzz plus. CPU at about 17%

This. Is. What. I'm. Talking. About.
    Just incredible.

Looking forward to your tune !

• @Zupi said:

@Trigger_the_Monkey said:
    No AUs or samples used apart from included drum kit.

https://soundcloud.com/triggerthemonkey/the-bells

It certainly has an evolutionary element...
    I can’t decide if it’s cheery or creepy...

Thanks @Zupi - I've always felt that way about bells :) but recording without quantising helps make it a bit edgy as well

• True, bells have so much harmonics that can render them a mental health danger. :p

• My day two beat. All sounds from the Factory and HipHop/Trap Vol.1 sound packs.

Enjoy!!

Tomorrow I’ll post one showcasing the stuff I made with Factory and Acoustics Vol 2 packs only.

Also on my beatstars if we have any rappers or artists on here interested in it.
    http://bsta.rs/b08962

• I’m also going to begin live streaming on YouTube (instead of twitch) myself making beats on NanoStudio 2 live.

• @nkdvkng Killing it man!!! Love that flute and those drums especially!

• @Audiogus said:

@nkdvkng said:

Made this on day one and a halfish. I have another one i finished today that I’m uploading tomorrow on my Beatstars Page, SoundCloud and YouTube.

I used some of the HipHopTrap Vol1 pack and the Factory sounds. Love me some NS2.

https://bsta.rs/8n4540

Be sure you get your comission for the hiphoptrap vol1 you just sold/I just bought. :)

Hehe :) Love the compression on that kick. It's got BEEF.

• Thx my dude! I’m glad you got me onto the NanoStudio wave. It’s made me a whole different type of beast with the beats 😁🤓

@3sleeves said:
    @nkdvkng Killing it man!!! Love that flute and those drums especially!

• @StevePAL said:

@Audiogus said:

@nkdvkng said:

Made this on day one and a halfish. I have another one i finished today that I’m uploading tomorrow on my Beatstars Page, SoundCloud and YouTube.

I used some of the HipHopTrap Vol1 pack and the Factory sounds. Love me some NS2.

https://bsta.rs/8n4540

Be sure you get your comission for the hiphoptrap vol1 you just sold/I just bought. :)

Hehe :) Love the compression on that kick. It's got BEEF.

• @nkdvkng said:

My day two beat. All sounds from the Factory and HipHop/Trap Vol.1 sound packs.

Enjoy!!

Tomorrow I’ll post one showcasing the stuff I made with Factory and Acoustics Vol 2 packs only.

Also on my beatstars if we have any rappers or artists on here interested in it.
    http://bsta.rs/b08962

Another nice track there!
    I’m interested in the processing and process of your vocal snippets, I really like that style.
    It’s something I’ve always meant to look more into, but I struggle to get my other half to rock the mike :)
    I may be able to persuade her if I can disguise it with some processing tricks like yours.

• @nkdvkng

another good one ! I like what you're doing and how you're doing it ! And supper happy that you're happy with NS :) Keep inspiration flow !

This discussion has been closed.