Some basic questions before buying NS2

Hello,

For years I used NS1, and now I’m thinking about getting this, but recently I’m using Korg Gadget 2, so before changing I want to know a few things. I hope someone can help me :)

Does the NS2 has auto chords, as Gadget does?
You know, you select the key and scale and you don’t need to input yourself the chord but only the root note.

Does NS2 have “natural” sounds/instruments?
I use mainly pianos, e-pianos, strings, trumpets and stuff like that, and as I remember, Eden had nothing of this.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• edited January 2020

@Youtopia said:
    Hello,

For years I used NS1, and now I’m thinking about getting this, but recently I’m using Korg Gadget 2, so before changing I want to know a few things. I hope someone can help me :)

Does the NS2 has auto chords, as Gadget does?
    You know, you select the key and scale and you don’t need to input yourself the chord but only the root note.

No, unfortunately not. Although, you can control it using external keyboards with this functionality, like KB1 and Soundprism.

Does NS2 have “natural” sounds/instruments?
    I use mainly pianos, e-pianos, strings, trumpets and stuff like that, and as I remember, Eden had nothing of this.

Obsidian is a great multisampler and there are a couple IAP packs dedicated to real acoustic instruments. You can preview them here: https://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/

And there's nothing stopping you from importing external multisampled instruments. Obsidian supports three velocity layers and 24 sample zones or you could use one velocity layer and have 72 sample zones. And it doesn't stop there, because you can use multiple Obsidians to do the job and control them from one MIDI track. It's really very versatile!

Thanks for your time!

No problem!

• Btw. this piece by @ScottVZ shows off what you can achieve using Nanostudio orchestrally. Here's a quote from his original post:

There are over 40 tracks in this piece, and most of them are custom Obsidian patches I made myself from orchestral instruments I sampled from Beathawk, iSymphonic, Garageband, Sampletank (Miroslav), and Korg Module (Orchestral Dreams). Let me know what ya'll think! I'm open to any advice about how to make it sound better. I'm definitely more of a composer than a sound designer or audio engineer.