Forum View Request

edited December 2018 in Support

In the audiobus forum (same software) we can see who started a thread and when.

I think this is useful and I would love to see it here too! 😊

Have a look at this screenshot...

@tja said:

Comments

• :+1:

Think we should get rid of "N Views" while we're at it. No one cares. Maybe it could go on the actual thread page somewhere in case the thread starter is interested but mostly seems like noise in the listing.

• In the audiobus forum, we have a "Mark all viewed" option. It would be nice to have here too, because not all discussions are of interest. With this option, one could read the discussions of interest and then mark the rest as viewed.

• Good ideas!

• @white said:
    In the audiobus forum, we have a "Mark all viewed" option. It would be nice to have here too, because not all discussions are of interest. With this option, one could read the discussions of interest and then mark the rest as viewed.

Added. Ignore away!

• edited December 2018

The ice on the cake would be that we are able to switch the overall color sheme from dark to light in our personal preferences.

For me the light theme from AB forum is much easier to read than here.

I think only few people prefer to read a manual, book or newspaper on black papers with white letters.

It’s really quite dark here... 😎

@Blip Interactive

• @chandroji said:

Done. Enjoy. :smiley:

• @chandroji said:
    The ice on the cake would be that we are able to switch the overall color sheme from dark to light in our personal preferences.

I think only few people prefer to read a manual, book or newspaper on black papers with white letters.

@Blip Interactive

I do most of my reading on dark backgrounds because the white background starts causing eye strain after a while.

• @Will said:

@chandroji said:

Done. Enjoy. :smiley:

Very nice! πŸ™
    Thanks a lot and have a great day!

😊

• edited December 2018

How do you edit a post? On AB forum there is a little gear on the upper right of the message window. I’m not seeing it here.

Never mind. I see it on this post. Can it be more than one hour? Sometimes I get sidetracked. :3

• @Stiksi said:

@chandroji said:

@Blip Interactive

I do most of my reading on dark backgrounds because the white background starts causing eye strain after a while.

Got to say, I feel much better with the dark side over here - much less stress on my eyes.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Stiksi said:

@chandroji said:

@Blip Interactive

Got to say, I feel much better with the dark side over here - much less stress on my eyes.

Interesting how different people can feel...

For me it’s the opposite. I feel more comfortable with the light theme but maybe it’s just a question of habituation .

But I have a workaround, so no problem...
    If I would like to read black on white I can do this with my iPhone!
    The mobile css is the same as AB Forum! πŸ‘πŸ˜Ž

• @chandroji said:

@Blip Interactive

Well, speaking up here, I love this darker look. It's so much easier on the eyes for me. Wish I could do the same over at AB.

• Is it possible to have this a user choice? I assume there are setting that a moderator could theoretically set and then user could make the choice.

• @SlapHappy said:
    Is it possible to have this a user choice? I assume there are setting that a moderator could theoretically set and then user could make the choice.

It's technically possible but it's not a trivial undertaking due to the way vanilla is set up.

• OK. I’m good. Just thought it might be worth asking now so that we know.
    Thanks Will!

• In case there is ever any collation on this I prefer the lighter background, weirdly I find it less strain. Having said that I guess as many of us habituate both places the fact that it's different from AB might be a bonus...